Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DRIVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error plz help

hey did i miss that page when i followed your 2nd guide or is it an update? :confused:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Nope, it's been there since day 1 :) I really tried to cover everything in the second guide, every single type of question or problem people have. That's why it's 17 looooong pages :woot:

aah...i shd start reading more carefully : omg:
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Quote Originally Posted by [size=6
    PersianI[/size]]
    That's why it's 17 looooong pages :woot:
    Now I can understand why a lot of ppl don't fully read it. :devil:

Quote Originally Posted by PersianImmortal
    I have tried to address these sorts of problems (and much more) in one document. See this page of my 2nd XP Guide for example :)
    You might want to update it to include the fact that the DRVER_IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL can (in most certainly in my case) be caused by a corrupt page file. I've rebooted probably 30 times now with no problems since removing and then recreating the page file.

Pretty thorough doc though... It would be nice if it had a TOC with clickable links to the topics inside... then you wouldn't have to sift thru it all but that's prolly just cuz I'm lazy :o
    AMD Athlon 1200Mhz
    Abit KT7A-RAID MB 233Mhz FSB
    1Gb KingMax PC150 RAM
    PowerMax 450w power supply
    SB Audigy Gamer
    NVidia GF3 Ti500 64mb (AGP)
    D-Link DFE-538TX 10/100 Adapter
    Windows XP Pro

Hey I guess that is why both Asklepios and myself referred to PersianImmortal as THE person to help with these issues.

I've browsed both XP guides before but I must admit I forgot about the error codes.

I found the other links that I posted when trying to solve issues with my husbands Me machine but finally gave up and reformatted last night.

Here's a question for all of you...

Reformatted the 10 gig main drive for XP NTFS installed SP1 and got the wireless network up. The machine is all pristine and clean now.

The 40 gig slave drive is still in FAT 32. I plan on formatting it through XP to NTFS today. Is that the best way to do it? (ya know.. right click...format?)

Slim....TweakTown is an amazing place!! When I first came to this place I was just an average lost "end" user. But spending time here, reading responses and guildes that have been written has increased my knowledge immensley. (hasn't helped my spelling a bit though :wow: )

Quote Originally Posted by G Smith

The 40 gig slave drive is still in FAT 32. I plan on formatting it through XP to NTFS today. Is that the best way to do it? (ya know.. right click...format?)
    best way I know how to do it (without using 3rd aprty software) is to go to Computer Management under Admin. Tools in the Control Panel

once there, click on Disk Management , right click on the HDD/partiton and you should be able to figure out the rest :thumb:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by Slim
    Pretty thorough doc though... It would be nice if it had a TOC with clickable links to the topics inside... then you wouldn't have to sift thru it all but that's prolly just cuz I'm lazy :o
    you are not alone...i have always wanted that thing :laugh:

G Smith
    about that formatting part...well imo no matter which way you use to format the drive (whether it is the right click --> format or the way minibubba explained or from command prompt), it will use the same file i.e. format.com with same variables that you pass (example quick format or watever u want).
    so unless u r using a third party software, then right click and quick format will work without any probs.
    though i like command prompt...may be cos it has more options and cos i like black colour :p
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

======================
    =======================
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

I didn't think u could do a quick format when going from FAT32 to NTFS can you?
    AMD Athlon 1200Mhz
    Abit KT7A-RAID MB 233Mhz FSB
    1Gb KingMax PC150 RAM
    PowerMax 450w power supply
    SB Audigy Gamer
    NVidia GF3 Ti500 64mb (AGP)
    D-Link DFE-538TX 10/100 Adapter
    Windows XP Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Slim
    I didn't think u could do a quick format when going from FAT32 to NTFS can you?
    no, but you can convert a fat32 drive to ntfs; but I don't recomend it...a complete format will do better
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information