Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Computer not turning off?

I had to do a complete format this weekend, and when doing so when I first had to turn off my computer jus a complete shut down it did'nt automatically turn off. It went to shutting down then gave me a message I havent seen since win '98 "Your Computer is Safe to Turn Off" that has never ever came up till I formatted this weekend.

I did do a format before and never had problems. Plus when I go to turn off it gives me three options Hibernate, Turn Off, Restart I don't know what happened to Stand By as it was taken over by hibernate.

I am more concerned with the computer turning off automatically is there a fix or option I can do for this?

Thanks in advanced.

It sounds like your ACPI (Advanced Configuration and Power Interface) is not functioning properly or was disabled in some way.

The only way to turn ACPI back on is a full reformat/reinstall. Try searching around Google for your symptoms and ACPI information, but from everything I've read you can only re-enable ACPI by reformat/reinstall.

what OS are u running? I've run into that issue a few times with 2k and XP, and I know there is a solution for it that does not involve re-installing, I'll see if I can find it.

I did all that I think I did the format wrong cause I followed what it said at the site and it doesnt give me the option's that it list's.

I think I have to reformat. :(

Thread Information