Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: CD recognision problem under XP

Just yesterday windows XP decided that whenever I place a CD rom into either my dvd or cdrw drives, it won't autoplay that CD or show that CD's icon in my computer. Instead it shows the icon of the last CD that was in the drive. I can still access the data on the CD I just put in though. Any ideas how I can fix this?

Yes, you've turned off CD Autoplay. To turn it back on, follow the instructions under "Turn off CD Autoplay" (except set Autorun=1 obviously) on this page.

wooahh there, no need to mess about with the registry just yet.
    go to 'my computer', right click on the cd/dvd drives you've got problems with and click on 'properties'.
    now click on the 'autoplay' tab. hopefully you'll see 'take no action' highlighted on some of the content types. just chose the action you want for each content type or choose the 'prompt me...' button thing to have the list of actions pop up when you instert a cd.
    <BR>====================
    The Crimea / The Crocketts
    <A HREF="http://www.inaudible.co.uk" target="_blank">http://www.inaudible.co.uk</A>
    ====================

Quote Originally Posted by pepsi_max2k
    wooahh there, no need to mess about with the registry just yet.
    go to 'my computer', right click on the cd/dvd drives you've got problems with and click on 'properties'.
    now click on the 'autoplay' tab. hopefully you'll see 'take no action' highlighted on some of the content types. just chose the action you want for each content type or choose the 'prompt me...' button thing to have the list of actions pop up when you instert a cd.
    that'll do too.. but wheres the fun in not hacking around in the registry...:D

Quote Originally Posted by VinnieVen
    that'll do too.. but wheres the fun in not hacking around in the registry...:D
    having fun while tweaking is an integral part of tweaking but tweaking for fun...you should stay away from that :thumb:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Thread Information