Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: CD Rom Letter Change

Just wondering, it it possible to change the drive letter of my CD drive?
    At the request of wiggo ;)

Go into the Device Manager, right click on the drive then properties, then click on the settings tab and that's where you'll change the drive letter. ;)

Yes you can.
    What OS you got?
    In Win 9x - Hit Winkey+Break - click Device Manager - select CDrom - doubleclick the drive you wish to change - select the Settings tab - select the Start and End Reserved Drive Letters for the drive - click OK - again click OK - reboot when prompted.

That should handle it.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

if its xp which im pretty sure it is goto computer management, drive management and then the properties for the cdrom drive, that should fix it all good
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

tah all...this wasn't for me, Osiris wanted 2 know how 2 do it :) thanx again
    At the request of wiggo ;)

Quote Originally Posted by SileNceR
    if its xp which im pretty sure it is goto computer management, drive management and then the properties for the cdrom drive, that should fix it all good
    Yes, it's XP Pro... but if this is what you mean, there doesn't seem to be any way to change the drive letter...

Would that be an administative function perhaps?

Argh! YOU CAN???
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

it shouyld be under computer management - disk mangment - right click on disk and should give u and option to change drive letter & path - can't verify this right now since I'm not at my XP machine :cry:

yeah erm der... DISK MANAGEMENT like I said then right click the cdrom drive, it says "Change drive letter and paths..."

wow thats hard...

yeah ur right kheldar :thumb:
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

*Looks bashful*

Sorry :(

But thanks, it worked :)

Thread Information