Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: windows ME....to win XP Pro

ok everytiem i try it ther is always a different file that is corrupted only when i am on disk 4. i have tried this with 4 different floppys and i keep getting a different corrupted file message comming up.

Tom

OK.. sounds like either a memory error.

download memtest86 and see if it comes up with anything.

memtest 86

ok well the test is going rihgt now....i have it running right behind me so i can copy any info to show u to see if it is a memoery problem. i never used this program so will it tell em at the end if there are any problems?

edit there is only 64 mb of ram in this comp i think im gonna throw in a spare 124 mb stick of ram i have

Tom

if there are problems the test won't finish

ok...how long will it take?? its been going for 5 min???

do u have AOL or AIM??

if so im me...

TomDlgns

Quote Originally Posted by TomDlgns
    ok well the test is going rihgt now....i have it running right behind me so i can copy any info to show u to see if it is a memoery problem. i never used this program so will it tell em at the end if there are any problems?

edit there is only 64 mb of ram in this comp i think im gonna throw in a spare 124 mb stick of ram i have

Tom
    64 meg or ram is not enough, that could also be causing some of the problems.

test shouldnt take too long, but it will go forever unless u stop it.

No AIM or AOL... ICQ or MSN

i dont get it...it it goes forever then how do i tell if i have errors???

u said it will go forever if i dont stop it..but it wont take too long to finish?

i do plan on putting more ram in right now but if there is not enough memory, then y is it always a diff error on disk 4?

Tom

sorry.. should be more specfic. in the middle, right hand side of the screen it will indicate how many passes the test has done. All u really need to do is let it finish 1 pass. It will also show in the same spot the # of errors.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information