Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: windows ME....to win XP Pro

i have an old computer its an HP Pavilion with Windows ME installed as the primary OS. it was my cousins and i took it off their hands for a few days to do some upgrades. well i deleted the entire c drive and i was gonna create a new partition and then format the partition and then install win xp on it. when i put the win xp cd in it says that its an invalid disc. i went into bios and made sure that the cd rom drive was first to boot. im stuck at this step and i dont know what else to do or if i did not do the right step first. hopefully someone out there can help me...thanx in advance, Tom

Is this an original copy or a backup copy of the original cd? if it is a backup copy, it is quite possible that it was copied incorrectly and was not made booteable.. if htis is the case, then I suject u download the XP bootdisk.

it is a copied xp pro disk. where can i dled the xp boot disk? and once i dled that, do i use the boot disk plus the cd to install xp??

thanx, Tom

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/r...eleaseid=33291

U would hten use the bootdisk to access the cd.

i tried copying that file to a floppy and it said its too big. ???

U have to run the .exe and it will create the boot disk.. u need 6 floppies by the way.

yeah i ran the program after i wrote that alst post???

6 floppys??? damn

well it was on disk 4 of 6 doing the setup and it said one of the files was corrupted and setup failed. should i run that program i dled and make the 6 boot disks again?? or maybe the program i dled wasnt good??? thanx, Tom

Quite possible that u just have a bad floppy. U can try it with a different floppy and do it again.

ok ill try a new floppy and let u know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information