Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Poll: What Windows Are You Currently Using???

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Which Windows Are Your Currently Using???

Quote Originally Posted by infielder6
    there are more pirates here than in the caribean.

LOL

(To cover TweakTowns arse with the above post with the picture)

There is no proof what-so-ever that those CD's contain what is written on the CD so TweakTown cannot be held responsible.

Posting this just in case, we don't wanna get shutdown now :)
    At the request of wiggo ;)

Many software titles do have 'corporate versions', but it is my understanding that Windows XP is NOT one of those.

I doubt MS would go to the extent they have with their 'activation' and not at least include some key information which would be trackable, or at least detectable. I would bet even something proliferating the warez community as 'no activation' would still include a multitude of crucial information when the install is put through 'Windows Update'

MS has the smartest people on earth. Windows Update is a very intimate search of what you have and what you need updated. You do the math.

Edit: oh and please correct me if someone has facts that portray it differently.

In fact XP Pro and higher does come in corporate versions, Home doesn't. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Ok, well a general understanding about corporate versions is that they are generic(or should I say anonymous--as far as not requiring a proof of purchase) in all regards. During installation, use, updates, etc.

I highly doubt that if MS is serious about stopping or at least crippling the average and above average pirate, then I don't expect they would go about making a corporate version that has no method within it to allow them (MS) to inhibit it's abuse.

What are your thoughts on that?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information