Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Xp Home ED on more than one computer?

I'm new at this computer thing, so here goes. I Just bought and installed Windows Xp Home Ed Full version, for my computer. My question is, can I install it on my kids computer too? Thanks.

NO, it is illegal to instal a single copy on more than one computer...you'll have to instal spererate copies of windows on each PC

but depending on what your kids are going to use the computer for, you could try to instal an alternative like Lindows...a simple to use distro of Linux
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

u can install it but u weont be able to activate it. After 30 days u will be required to re-install. This is a little security microsoft imbedds into thier newer oses

Thanks for your tip the kids computer has ME on it and I didn't even wanna think of installing Lindows as the above suggested, I guess they will just keep the ME version.

Just sucks you can buy a full version and Microsoft has that stipulation I mean hell at least we went and purchased the darn program!

Once again thanks for your tip

Hope:wave:

You should be able to install it up to 3 different times. You should beable to activate over internet on one, and acivate by phone on the other one. As for the third, I have no idea I've only installed it on 2 of my computers. I have both Home Ed Upgrade and Pro. A while ago my computers crashed (one had Me, mine had XP pro) and I reinstalled going from XP Home ED upgrade (using me ME disc) and reactivated both of them. This woud be the 5th time I reactivated it in a year. Then again, I reactivated XP Pro on both computers after I upgraded to pro. So you should be able to upgrade your kids' computer.
    --Mjha--

it may be possible to activat but it would still be illegal as a separate licence is required for each computer windows xp is installed on

Contact M$ and purchase an additional licence.

okk guys...sorry to interrupt you but its enough of this activation thingie.
    i guess the person who asked the question got his answer...can we stop the discussion now? we are getting weird ideas coming out and i m itching towards that close the thread button.
    don't make me do that ;)
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

It's closed now. :devil win

Thread Information