Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Missed activation time ... what now?

I missed the activation time allotment for XP sp1 by being pure lazy and then going out of town for three weeks. Now it won't let me activate period. The log on screen keeps resetting. Do I have to reformat my drive and lose everything on it or can I just reinstall over Windows XP? Is there a way of just uninstalling windows and starting over? Please help, I need to use my computer.:confused:

lol, I've never had to deal with a comp that let the activation run out before

the simplest way would be to format and reinstall...but you have already said that you don't want to do that

probably the best thing to do will be to hook up your HDD to another PC as a slave and then copy or burn the data you want to save. Then put the HDD back in your PC, format and install winXP again ...and this time be sure to activate before 30 days is up ;)

:cheers:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

There should still be an option to activate windows via the internet or via the telephone, just look a little harder.

Unless you didnt install modem/nic drivers. Ive done that before.

Thread Information