Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Deleting Internet History

I'm wanting to delete internet history on my computer at work.. can someone tell me the location of the files?

IT set these systems up to be a total pain in the arse to use.. eg all the settings are locked, so I can't access the usuall Tools > Internet Options > Internet History > Clear History

Thanks

Joey

are you being a bad boy? looking at bad sites? you know you are...

anyway, I think this is what you are looking for:
    C:\Documents and Settings\**user_name**\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Can you access it by going to;
    double click my computer,
    double click the drive windows is on (eg: C)
    double click the Windows folder,
    double click History folder?

In Internet Explorer:

Tools>Internet Options>Settings>

You can see the default location for the files there. Click "View Files" to see what files are stored and delete them.

Also click "Clear History" to clear your history.

BTW it's windows 2000, and persion I cant access it through Tools > etc

This works.. phew

C:\Documents and Settings\**user_name**\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files

IT are a bunch of pricks and block everything you can think of. Main reason I want to delete history is that they're about to upgrade some of the software.. I really don't want them to find out about the public proxy server I've been using to surf the net. :laugh:

Just an FYI.....

In XP, if you click clear history, via internet tools, then click history to see if the stuff is still there, it will be gone. BUT, if you click on the date or another item, it will show back up. In other words, it REALLY doesn't delete the items out of the folder.
    I have done this on my computer as well as others to see if it was a mistake or something. It isn't. I couldn't believe it doesn't really delete it.
    SO, if you REALLY want stuff gone, you have to manually go and delete it via the steps above if you want it gone for sure.
    I'm married, so I KNOW....:laugh:

Chez

Thread Information