Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: windows ME Help

For starters, have a legit copy of Windows Me which is what I need help with. Many other forums have suggested that I'm using a prate copy. Anyway, I installed Windows Me on my mothers computer, but when I do windows update it updates like normal, then it tells me to restart my pc. I restart, log on, and then I try to click on stff and explorer.exe keeps not responding. and say i clicked on my computer, whn i end task then my computer will open. Also, if i try to delete icons, such as movie maker 2, from my desktop it'll lock up.
    --Mjha--

don't have any experience with Win Me but lets try.
    when you formatted and tried to click on some icon...for example "My Computer"...did it hang at that time?
    if it did then most prolly its not a case with windows update, but if it did not hang at that moment and hangs only after u update your PC then i would suggest to go for manual updates and install only those updates that are necessary for you and that too one be one.

secondly...also see which update is causing u trouble.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

I am going to see what updates are causing trouble. for the mean time, i'll just use windows 2000.
    --Mjha--

Thread Information