Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Address bar history

How do you delete the history of the address bar.

Like when type something in the address bar and it shows examples of other places that you have been, or typed in.
    Like if you type "T" and it shows Tweaktown, then you type more and it changes since you aren't following with the weak ect.

Thanks,
    Chez

in internet explorer Tools>Internet options then the clear history button at the bottom of the first page of the dialog box should remove it

in IE

tools/internet options/clear history

Thanks that did remove it.
    That is surprising since it doesn't really delete your history.
    You still have to manually delete it if you really want it gone. If you go back into your history and click on "today" your history will show back up.

It deletes the toolbar at least.

Thanks,
    Chez
    SFlower/Kingwin TT-201AB-W 3 window 12 bay Black/Gold ~
    Antec 480Blue modded+UV blue sleeved-hshrink from Pc-perfomance
    A7V8X Deluxe Rev. 2.0 - 2500+ Barton ~ Aero 7+ OR TT 11 Xaser w/ TT fan tube
    MSI Ti4200-VTD8X 8X AGP w/Zalman h-pipe cooler ~ Geil 2 x 512 Cas 2.5 6-3-3-2t w/Blue HS
    WD120JB 7200 8mg Cache ~ Maxtor Quantum Fireball 60GB
    Lite-on 48x24x48x16x CDRW-DVD Black ~ Aopen 56x Cdrom Black
    Enermax 3.5" Fan controller A3FATR2 ~ Round UV Blue cables/Silver braid
    2x12” UV/Blacklight CC Sound/on-off/PCI switch ~ 2x12” Thtake Blue CC Sound/on-off/PCI sw
    ALL wires UV Blue sleeved + Hshrink - Cornea CT 1904 19" LCD BLk/Slvr ~ Microsoft™ Windows XP Pro

Knowledge is POWER

Quote Originally Posted by chezman
    That is surprising since it doesn't really delete your history.
    You still have to manually delete it if you really want it gone. If you go back into your history and click on "today" your history will show back up.
    there are other browsers that will do like you ask them to, instead of just pretending to do it ;)
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I know. I have mozilla and opera as well.

I use all 3.

I am actually looking into linux right now, for the same reason.
    My brother has been a linux guru for about 10 years or more. We both got into computers when programming the Commodore 64.
    He went down a different, and more lucrative road though. He is an IT systems administrator for Wells Fargo in San Fransisco.
    I am an IT tech now. With numerous other tech positions in DSL, Cable, dialup. I don't have much backround in corporate networking though.
    He has a lot more free time on his hands since everything is running sweet since he has been there and set up everything in the first 2 years.
    So I am behind the eightball when it comes to linux.

I have to get some books and do some reading!!!

I do consulting now. Have for the last 2 years. So I haven't "really" worked in a while. I made a lot of money in previous years, so I let the wife have a 9-5. :D
    So I have the time, I just need to utilize it!!!

Chez

best way I know how to learn Linux is to get a good distro and just jump in head first... figure things out as you go along :thumb:

Do you know of a good downloadable one thats free?

I know and have read about knoppix. Haven't downloaded it yet.
    I have also read about some others. Although I don't have any URL's.

Thanks,:cheers:

Chez

Most Linux distros are both free and downloadable. Best place for them is here: http://www.linuxiso.org

I'd recomend either RedHat (what I'm currently on) or Mandrake. Both are widely popular and have plenty of specific documention and help online. Oh, and while were on the linux topic: http://www.tweaktown.com/photo/showphoto.php?photo=139

:cheers:

Thanks Minibubba. Thats what I was looking for. I don't have any url's for linux versions.
    The most I have saw have it on CD for a small fee. I haven't felt the need to get it that way.
    I'll have to take a look. Maybe I will just download it and install and read LATER! ;)
    Chez

Thread Information