Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Remote Procedure Call error FIX

Quote Originally Posted by Birdkiller
    you wanna patch the vuln before you remove the virus, otherwise you'll be infected again before you finish patching.

also the firewall that is built into winxp will stop the RPC attack, so turn that on when ya connect to the net to get the patch.
    I had mine on, except for about an hour when me and amd_man were plaing with VNC!!!!
    THANKS A LOT AMDMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh, wait, it was me that wanted to play, NM : peace:

Quote Originally Posted by kane2g
    I had mine on, except for about an hour when me and amd_man were plaing with VNC!!!!
    THANKS A LOT AMDMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Oh, wait, it was me that wanted to play, NM : peace:
    That was on Saturday night :), but i left my coputer online all night thst night, and i know tht when i got it.

I HAVE THE SOLUTION!!!!!

get a software firewall (free->sygate) for windows and install linux, there got to be a firewall somewhere in linux!

Both operating system, 0 problems, for more compatibility, Win 98, Win xp and linux, with all firewall and anti-virus.

What could be better??
    SYX -=AMD Powered=-
    AMD 1800+ @ 1880Mhz on A7S333 , 250 Meg DDR 333 Platinum @2-2-2-6
    Asus TNT 2 32 meg (128) , 250W ATX, 200W AT (same case)
    Steel automotive intake fan (see avatar) , 3X40mm exaust fans in the back

Quote Originally Posted by syx
    I HAVE THE SOLUTION!!!!!

get a software firewall (free->sygate) for windows and install linux, there got to be a firewall somewhere in linux!

Both operating system, 0 problems, for more compatibility, Win 98, Win xp and linux, with all firewall and anti-virus.

What could be better??
    What does this have to do with anything?

no compatibility problems and no viruses ever!
    SYX -=AMD Powered=-

Quote Originally Posted by amd_man2003
    Well ya see, I dont use a firewall. Nor do i plan to ;)
    Dude, your are a hazard to all responsible users of the internet.

It's folks such as yourself that contribute oh so much to keeping things in a continuos uproar.

Thanks for all the interesting entertainment you help provide - oh yeah, and all the money you put in the pockets of PC repair shops too

You are a 1 man boost to the economy!

I trust my firewall a lot further than I trust a patch from MS.
    I also feel that to "blindly" apply any patch/update from microsoft is ludicrous.
    Study the patch/update, see what it does and if it applies to you.

If so, by all means get it.
    If not, what would be the point - unless you need a little downtime from productivity.

Owning a PC is a full-time job. If you're not up to the task, just go watch some TV.

Not running a firewall contributes every bit as much to the proliferation of malware as coding a virus itself does.

To be honest, I'm pretty disgusted with the behaviour of some folks that I'm reading in this thread.

It's lame, irresponsible and wholly inexcusable.

That's OK though - I'm taking good care of my system.
    So when you wann'a start whining about, I got a malware or my **** don't work, I'll be sitting here chuckling at your lazy-can't-be-bothered self, and nodding my head knowingly with an ever-ready "told you so".

It is quite entertaining actually
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Holy ****! Its nothing to have a cow over. I DO use the built in firewall, but I had it disabled for about a day, becuase I was trying out something with someone, and i forgot to reenable it. But other than that, I scan for viruses twice a day, and i only will download programs from trusted sites. IE: Id rather download a program from the actual owners sie than from somewhere else

LOL

In all liklihood, you'll be having calves long before I shall.

Did I mention, "entertainment", cause I thought I did:?:

Fact is, PC's got really quite affordable. Since then there are just a lot of folks that have them and haven't got the slightest clue what any of it is about. Can't be bothered, don't have the time - or the ever popular, "not me syndrome".

Truth is, everyone I know IRL just can't be bothered.
    If I was raising 3 kids, I wouldn't have the time either.
    What can you say about the "not me syndrome"? Until it does happen to them, that condition is chronic. We've all been there and done that.

Yes, I got on a rant.
    I said some harsh things, but none of them untruths.

You got that firewall running, I applaud you
    Now, go out and spread the word young padewan. Sadly, it's left to us to make the effort to educate those less inclined to give a damn. But, chin up - we can make the world a safer place 1 PC/user at a time. I know, I've seen it with my own eyes.

We can make a difference.

Personally, I DL what I want, where and when I want. I got tools that allow me a great deal of comfort in such undertakings.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

In all liklihood, you'll be having calves long before I shall.
    :rofl: I shall never have ca;ves :)

Did I mention, "entertainment", cause I thought I did:?:
    Why yes, you did

Fact is, PC's got really quite affordable. Since then there are just a lot of folks that have them and haven't got the slightest clue what any of it is about. Can't be bothered, don't have the time - or the ever popular, "not me syndrome".
    Computer iidiots.dont even gewt me started :(

Truth is, everyone I know IRL just can't be bothered.
    If I was raising 3 kids, I wouldn't have the time either.
    What can you say about the "not me syndrome"? Until it does happen to them, that condition is chronic. We've all been there and done that.
    IRL?

Yes, I got on a rant.
    I said some harsh things, but none of them untruths.
    :cry: you hurt my feeling. J/K

You got that firewall running, I applaud you
    Now, go out and spread the word young padewan. Sadly, it's left to us to make the effort to educate those less inclined to give a damn. But, chin up - we can make the world a safer place 1 PC/user at a time. I know, I've seen it with my own eyes.
    Alot of ppl dont take the words form a 13yr old. So that makes it harder to get them to use A/V Firewalls etc.

We can make a difference.
    Can and will

Personally, I DL what I want, where and when I want. I got tools that allow me a great deal of comfort in such undertakings.
    You see, I had someone who downloaded from anywhere, and they got a BIOS virus and literally ruined their computer. But these tools you use, is it a Freeware?

here is what i use/recommend for FREE and even more LEGAL!

Anti-virus -> AVG from Grisoft
    Firewall ->Sygate personal firewall

these are simple to use, and for a firewall you edit laws for the first 2-3 days and it always protects you, no need to upgrade!
    SYX -=AMD Powered=-

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information