Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: cannot enable directX,please help.

i right click on hte desktop and choose property, then settings -> advanced ->troubleshoot, i make hte hardware acceleration to full.

then I should be able to enable my directX option. but it still won't let me .

Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

my video card is voodoo3..

please, help , htanx.

To activate Direct3D and DirectDraw (DirectX), go to Start/Run and type "dxdiag". Click OK. Click on the Display tab, then click on the Enable button for DirectDraw and Direct3d.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

thats wht i did. but those 2 buttons are dimmed, i cannot enable them.

What operating system is "Windows 2003 Professional"? I haven't heard of it before.

oh well, i thinks its win 2k3 enterprise editon.

i m not really sure which verison it is. but its win2k3.

Windows 2003 is not a gaming or home platform, it is for networks and businesses. I would not be surprised if DirectX or in fact many games don't work properly if at all on it.

In any case it is highly unlikely that you have purchased this software, but if I am mistaken :rolleyes: then please contact Microsoft support and they will give you further details.

Thread Information