Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: XP home and pro

Just get an intel/dec tulip (21143), plenty of driver support under all os' being its so common etc...
    SileNceR, Messenger of the Dark and the Night. To post quality, or not to post at all, THAT is the Question - Never again ask what can my post count do for me besides increasing my ego, but instead ask what can I do to help someone else!
    Overclockers Melbourne (http://www.ocmelbourne.com).

Speaking as a Service Tech that goes into peoples homes everyday to work on @home, I have about 20 to 30 different ethernet devices that I can use on OS ranging from Win 95a-c,
    Win98 and SE, ME, NT, XP and most Macs, I havent had any problems with any of the cards that XP is compatable with, the SMC 1211tx is the card of choice with xp for me, but I only have a few left hehe. I did have a problem using a Toshiba PCX2100U the built in USB and the drivers that were provided by Toshiba for XP, I ended up putting a SCM1211tx pci card in that one. It seems strange that the techs would only have one type of card to use in your area, we were given a list of supported cards on the xp enviroment. As well as a list of usb devices and cable modems that are supported by @home for XP. Of course I didnt have all the cards on the list or usb devices or cable modems.
    Usually the local provider will put in an order and get whatever the retailer can ship. We use 5 modems in our system, from The RCA235 Surfboard3100 Com21 2 types and 3COM what we call the shark fin. Out of those modems and the modems that i have seen in the field I recommend the Motorola Surfboard 3100/4100 or the RCA235. These two modems have built in GUI pages that you can check out to see what these modems are acttually doing.
    I have not yet tried to get a USB modem to connect to XP other than that Toshiba that the customer owned.
    Skarecrowe

i wish i had cable...........:rolleyes:

:( I found that I'm waiting on modem drivers for dsl for the XPas well.
    Todate: 1000+ OC'g postings,
    +=I lost count sometime ago.

AthlonXP 1800|MSI K7T266PRO2|786mb P2100 Mushkin|20gig IBM GXP60 (Deathstar- it's twin died) Hd |20gig maxtor ata133|Abit GF4 TI 4200|SdBlstr live!|16x t0shy|16x10x40 Liton| Cooling: 3 80mm cf@128cfm, 2 grill Hd fans, 2 92mm & 80mm @64cfm mod'd gladiator.
    CPU @ 34c & Case @ 31c| MSXP|dsl

Save everybody sometime, post your system spec's. It saves time when ya need help!

Yeah the Optus help desk told me that if I get the SMC 1211tx card I would still get support for it but not with any other card so I'll just see if I can locate a retailer for it in my area. ;)
    <center></center>

:cry: I got the dsl drivers, but my promise hdache will just not go away, until the drivers are released. O'well, W2K got most of the advantages, it just slower.
    Todate: 1000+ OC'g postings,
    +=I lost count sometime ago.

AthlonXP 1800|MSI K7T266PRO2|786mb P2100 Mushkin|20gig IBM GXP60 (Deathstar- it's twin died) Hd |20gig maxtor ata133|Abit GF4 TI 4200|SdBlstr live!|16x t0shy|16x10x40 Liton| Cooling: 3 80mm cf@128cfm, 2 grill Hd fans, 2 92mm & 80mm @64cfm mod'd gladiator.
    CPU @ 34c & Case @ 31c| MSXP|dsl

Save everybody sometime, post your system spec's. It saves time when ya need help!

Check with smc.com if you cant find a retailer with the card.
    Skarecrowe;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information