Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: MOHAA Server

Sorry guys i have no idea where this would go so im just gonna put it here, as it falls into a lot of different catagoeries.

Me and my friend are starting a MOHAA server, and we need to know a few things.

1. Whats the best OS for a GAMING server, Windows 2000 or XP.

2. Is this system beefy enough to run a dedicated MOHAA server:

AMD Athlon 900MHz
    SY-K7VTA-B KT133 mobo
    512 MB PC133 RAM
    ???Video Card???
    10 GB 7200 RPM HDD
    2 Mb/s high speed broadband.
    NIC to plug RJ-45 into from broadband box.

3. I need a video card for the system, so what card do u think i should get for it. Since it is a dedicated server and i wont be playing the actuall game, it doesnt need to be good or anything, it just needs to have basic MOHAA compatibility. My budgets about 30 dollars, and i know i can get like a RADEON 7500 or a GeForce 4 MX440 SE for that price, do u think i should go with those??

4. What sort of adjustments do i need to do within Win XP/2000 to make it server compatible. I will be outide my firewall, so i dont need to mess with any TCP/IP port settings. Do i even need to do anything at all?

I'll give u the IP of the server if i ever get it running so u guys can play on it.
    <font color=orange>AMD Athlon XP 2500+ Barton (166*11=1883MHz) -|- Asus A7N8X Deluxe Rev2.0 -|- Corsair XMS PC3200 512 MB RAM 2T-3-3-6 @DDR333 -|- Leadtek A250 TD GF4 TI 4400 300/630 -|- 40 Gig Quntaum Fireball AP+ -|- 52x Samsung CD-ROM Drive -|- SB Live Digital 5.1 -|- Antec SG case w/350 Watt Power-Up PSU</font>

Server = More memory is best
    So put in as much as you can.
    Also the CPU is SLOW. So you will do OK, as long as not too many people are playing.

As for video card, it only need to be good enough for you to configure the server. So go with TNT2 or something.

I dont have MOHAA yet, so I dont know if there needs to be any special configurations or not. But Im sure that other people will be able to help you more with that.

Thread Information