Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Remember Windows ME? (How to disable password prompt) HELP!

It's been a long time since I messed with Windows M.E. so I can't remember how to get rid of the username and password prompt on windows startup. I thought all you did was change Microsoft client to Windows login under the network tab but there must be another step to it that I can't remember. Please someone refresh my memory.

One other thing, I,m trying to set up Inernet explorer for my Sisters Juno account (O.K. Laugh now) but with a fresh install of Windows M.E., Internet Explorer insists that you go through the steps of signing up for M.S.N. when you open the webbrowser, How do I disable that?

Thanks in advance.:cheers:

this has worked in the past for me.

OK then try this, get the WinME CD out of it's box, go to START-SETTINGS-CONTROL PANEL-NETWORK and on the first tab that greets you, click ADD and find CLIENT FOR MICROSOFT NETWORKS or FAMILY LOGON. Install it from the CD, REBOOT and if on this occasion you see that screen again, just hit enter.

if that fails then : http://www.tek-tips.com/gfaqs.cfm/le...d/615/fid/1553

Thread Information