Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Defrag?

Norton has a verygood defrag utilityhere

systemworks? no way... Norton makes a good AV, but they should have stoped there. Systemworks caused far more problems than it fixed or prevented
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    systemworks? no way... Norton makes a good AV, but they should have stoped there. Systemworks caused far more problems than it fixed or prevented
    really...haven;t had any problems with them now...but i do remember way back when ...i didn;t know how to use and i just messed my comp up. Now...seems like i have no probs with. Firewall seems fine, AV is cool, and Works seems to do the job.
    I am sure you would know how to work with Nrton...but what exactly did Norton do...maybe i can learn something new...
    - Damien

it's been years since I even owned Norton AV, longer since I used SystemWorks.. so I couldn't give you specifics even if I wanted to. But I do know that it caused quite a mess and required a format to really fix it.

seems like a user error to me:devil win

Exactly, it is a user error. Those who use it are errored. It is anextreme resource hog as well. :cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    it's been years since I even owned Norton AV, longer since I used SystemWorks.. so I couldn't give you specifics even if I wanted to. But I do know that it caused quite a mess and required a format to really fix it.
    i had to reformat as well when it killed my older comp....

didn't know it was a resource hog...makes sense tho...when you think about it...
    - Damien

Quote Originally Posted by Chezman29
    Exactly, it is a user error. Those who use it are errored. It is anextreme resource hog as well. :cheers:
    i second that :thumb:
    why would you pay for something when you can get everything those apps have to offer FOR FREE and that too sparing lesser system resources.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Quote Originally Posted by asklepios
    why would you pay for something when you can get everything those apps have to offer FOR FREE and that too sparing lesser system resources.
    and do a better job
    ...I do like the way some people think around here

Quote Originally Posted by asklepios
    i second that :thumb:

you're right about the whole deal why pay when you have stuff like this available ...but can you just run the applications off the Norton cd and spare any lost resources?
    - Damien

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information