Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Microsoft warns of new serious flaws

WASHINGTON, Sept. 10 Moments before a top Microsoft executive told Congress about efforts to improve security, the company warned on Wednesday of new flaws that leave its flagship Windows software vulnerable to Internet attacks similar to the Blaster virus that infected hundreds of thousands of computers last month.
    Microsoft warns of new serious flaws
    :-(

While it certainly doesn't surprise me that this is another instance of a vulnerability, I would go on record as saying that you will ALWAYS be able to find vulnerabilities in an OS. As long as a human being is behind the creation of it, there will be flaws that can be taken advantage of. Too bad some sorry losers have nothing better to do than to make life miserable for the masses.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

You'll get no argument from me. I just wonder if all of the other OS's are being as well scrutinized?
    :-(

Of course not... they're not being headed up by the MIGHTY BILL GATES, but if you do even a little research, you'll see gaping holes in the Linux OS as well... and this is the only real competition to Microsoft at the moment.
    My Toys

but while Linux does have it's own share of problems, it has prooven that it has better overall security than Windows :)
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    but while Linux does have it's own share of problems, it has prooven that it has better overall security than Windows :)
    we will see that when Linux becomes as popular as Windows :)
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

That is probably a very true statement. After all, you earn far more brownie points (and bragging rights) when you create code that hits the most widely used OS in existence. Think about it...

When Linux users started bagging all MS users about the security of their little niche OS, some losers (maybe the same ones that have been creating the latest batches of worms) created code that made a mockery of these claims. But once they had proven their point, they went back to tearing even deeper into the vulnerabilities of the Windows platform.

Their is no such thing as a secure operating system... period!
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    That is probably a very true statement. After all, you earn far more brownie points (and bragging rights) when you create code that hits the most widely used OS in existence. Think about it...
    my point since i don't know when :thumb:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Thread Information