Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Strange Error Messages

Need your help again guys.
    An error message keeps popping up on my system.
    The error message reads * Attribute Ultra ATA CRC Error count changed from 189 to 191. Sometimes it reads 191 to 188. When I click ok it goes away and doesnt reappear.
    I am using windows XP Pro. This seems to happen when I am surfing the internet. I am using AOL 9.0 Optimized if that means anything.

2. Default

thats a hard drive error, give us yer pc specs

The motherboard is a Soyo P4x400 with an Intel Pentium 4 1.80 GHZ. The HDD is a new Maxtor 160GB. RAM is 512 MG. The video card is a Maxtor 550. I have a Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-104 and I am running Windows XP

Thanks for your quick response.

Ron

4. Default

Try the diagnostic utilities http://www.maxtor.com/en/support/downloads/powermax.htm and see if that sheds some light on it. I dont know anything about that MB so I'm not sure if there is something on that end, maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

first thing to do is get rid of aol entirely. if you are using broadband internet access, you can get to aol thru any browser with the aol bring yopur own isp program. next go to your mobo's site and download the latest 4in1 drivers and install them. ir sounds like it is a bios problem w/your mobo. you can also check the mobo site to see if they have a bios flash for that problem. if you do need to flash the bios, follow the directions TO THE LETTER or you will hose your mobo.
    Asus A7v333 mobo
    512MB pc2700 Samsung RAM
    Athlon XP 1800+
    Nvidia MX200 64MB
    Sound Blaster Audigy MP3+

Thanks guys but I think I found the problem.
    I downloaded a program a few weeks ago called HDD Health. It monitors the hard drivd and makes these notations. I disabled the program and the messages went away. I also downloaded Maxtor's Hard Drive Diagnostics as you people suggested and ran it. The drive is fine. Thanks again

Ron

Thread Information