Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: microsoft downloads.

is there a way to save them, so when you clean install you don't have to d/l them again?

edit I mean updates.

If ya know the files that your lookin' for you can go to the Micosoft Download Center and save them from there. :smokin:
    <center>:cheers:</center>

Yessir, that's the place - just gather up all you require per OS and burn you a nice CD. Use a CD-RW so you can keep it up to date.
    Makes things really nice at clean install time:thumb:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Would this Microsoft site be a way to avoid having to use Windows Update all together? I would like to stop using that service for fear of Microsoft snooping.

Well if you know which updates that you require then yes as they are straight downloads. :devil:

Download the Microsoft Network Security Hotfix Checker(HFNetChk). It checks your computer for the any updates you need and gives the MS knowledge base article number to search, so you can download each update manually.
    This also gives you some updates that the Windows Update site can miss

Thought this was going to be the answer to my prayers as I reformat frequently. Even though I have cable, it is a pain to download this stuff all the time. Unfortunately, IE, one of the biggest d/l's and pains; is still only offered as the 497KB setup file at this site.....not the 9MB (or whatever) update. Freakin MS!!! Why do they insist on being SOOOOO customer-unfriendly!?!
    Shuttle AK31 Rev 3.1
    XP 1600+
    XP Home Ed.
    Geforce GTS 2
    SB Live Value
    IBM Deskstar 75 GXP 30 GB
    TDK 12/10/32 Writer
    512 Crucial PC2100 DDR
    Netgear RT314

Just over 11MB's actually but my cable just eats it up. :?:
    About 5mins start to finish. :)

Yea...but the real problem is when I do service and reformats for others who do NOT have cable. It would just be so much easier to have a CDRW of everything I need.......as it is now I have one of everything EXCEPT MS's stuff!!!!

It appears that your definition of customer service is more encompassing than that of M$.
    They should take lessons from you.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information