Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Problem installing XP pro

Trying to load xp pro onto brand new 80 GB HDD. I boot from CD and set up load files. It then states that setup is starting windows. A BSD then appears with the following tech info:

***STOP : 0x000007B (0xF793C63C, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

I've have no idea what could causing this. It suggested I check for viruses, remove any newly installed HD or HD controllers, to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. It also suggests to run CHKDSK /F to check for HDD corruption.

I've even partition the HDD and formatted it to FAT32 and then tried but the same BSD and tech info occurred. Also tried setting HDD to DS and CS to no success.

I'm I missing something obvious or any ideas.

The HDD is a Maxtor 80GB 7200 ATA133.
    M/B is a PCChips 810L v7.1
    CPU 1700XP
    RAM 512 PC133
    System was working perfectly alright with old HDD using Me.

Well one, your mobo is ****! But anyway, go here and download memTest86 and test your RAM.

Also, try a different CPU, the M810L's are known to have isues with all 1700+ and 1800+ AMD CPU's.

Also go to www.maxtor.com and download their diagnostic utilites, or if some came with yoiur drive, use them and test your drive to make sure it isn't bad.

Thanks for that I'll try the memory test. I know for the fact that the 1700 CPU is fine since its been running for over 12mths without any problems

What Window's stop error messages can be found here but your stop error usually relates to the hard drive bein' inaccessable so I'd go to Maxtor's website and download their hard drive diagnostic tools to make sure that the drive itself is not at fault first. Ya not ghosting the image are ya? :?:

Also, you dont happen to have Boot Sector virus protection enabled do ya? (in the BIOS, though it may not be there, i cant remember ATM)

Thread Information