Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Quick question on startup items on xp

Where is the registery key to permanently remove the programs I don't want to load from the startup.ini menu list?

I read about this one a little while back on a different website but now I can't find the article nor remember where that little bugger was.

Much thanks.

Kagaden

ummm, i don't totally understand what you mean...

you want to stop certain programs from starting up...even if they try to add themselves back to the startup? is that right or am i WAY off the track? hehe
    At the request of wiggo ;)

No no...

Perhaps I didn't describe it very well.

Say you remove a program from the start up in msconfig... fine. You reboot, and it no longer boots up.

Now say I want to remove it from the startup.ini LIST. Where is the registery key to delete it so it no longer shows up on the msconfig startup.ini list?

I hope this is a little more understandable ^.^

if u look at the startup tab in msconfig, it should tell you where the registry key for it is
    <font face="Arial" size="1">Where do you want to go today?</font><br><font face="Arial" size="2">Where ever the beer is please.</font>

Hey thanks man. *lol* I didn't even think of that :P duh~

hehe, happens to the best of us :D
    <font face="Arial" size="1">Where do you want to go today?</font><br><font face="Arial" size="2">Where ever the beer is please.</font>

DOH! I just checked it and after you uncheck it from the start.ini menu it doesn't tell me where it went.

There is a specific folder in the registery where it holds all the 'don't start' reg keys incase you want to re-enable them. That's the one I want to get to, not where the keys are held while they're valid.

After you uncheck the box and 'remove' it from your startup it still shows the old location of where the key was. gah... oh well it was a good suggestion. I don't wanna mess with just deleting active keys outright from the reg.

Thanks anyways, I guess I'll have to look at thier ugly mugs for now. heh

Thread Information