Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: How to partition with Windows Xp

when i try to install windows XP on a blank Hard drive, how do I partition the hard drive first before installing winXp on it, do I have to do an FDISK like Win98 or is there another way?

Can you use the FDISK utility, if so how can I make a WinXP bootup disk? Or do I have to use something like partition magic?

You can create the partition right from the XP setup. It's one of the first screens after it loads all the crap at the beginning.

Darkerick, I've merged your 2 threads; there is no sense having 2 such similar threads posted at the same time, much less in the same forum.

to partition and format a hdd for winxp/2k just use the CD; it's the simplesst way, as Sovereignty already suggested. Partiton magic already it will do the job too, but if you don't already have it it, you need not buy if for this one task. FDISK will also work if you are experieced with it and will not leave a wasted 8 MB at the end of your HDD (the winCD partitioning will). But if you are not comfortable using FDISK I would highly recommend usig the CD. BTW, when given a choice to either format in NTFS or FAT32, choose NTFS.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Thread Information