Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Help!!.. I have a 256MB RAM but runs at 233MB peak

I've got this problem quite long ago.. When my pc is real slow.. it uses about 233MB RAM at peak(Commit Charge) seen in windows task manager.. not 256 or more.. I wonder anyone know how to set the peak ? maybe something gotta do with the registry?? Help!! my pc performance sucks.... Thank you

Roger

Are ya usin' a motherboard that has an onboard video card? Also it would be a very good idea to list all the hardware (makes and models, the type and ratin' of memory) bein' used, what operatin' system ya usin' and what software that ya runnin' at these times of poor performance.

sorry...

Intel P4 2.0 Gig
    Kingston 256 MB DDRAM 266 Mhz
    Win XP Pro
    Geforce 2 MX 400 (not on board, I guess)
    MSI Motherboard

I have about 30 app running. I'm gonna uninstall Norton AV and get AVG.. Norton takes too much resources.. What do u think?

Thanks.

*Example when I'm using Bit Torrent. When it scanning the file its slow.I think its the RAM that needs to maximize it's peak rate.

Windows XP really needs 512MB to operate at a good peak (1024MB if ya do a lot of video editin').
    IMHO AVG is a better product than Norton atm so ya won't loose out there (better with resources too).
    Bit Torrent though I've been hearin' some flack about so maybe ya need to look there. Is this a socket 423 or 478 setup btw?

Thread Information