Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: My Amd all screwed up.

Off and on today explorer on my new Amd has jumped up to using over 250Mb of system resources and sometimes 100% of the cpu time. The cpu isn't always maxed out though, only bout every other time.

If I just sit here browsing between folders on my harddrive the usage just bumps up to extreme amounts. (see pic) The system gets slooow and unusable during this thing which sometimes disapears after a couple of minutes and sometimes requires a reboot. This still occours even with no apps running in the background that could cause it.

The only change I did today before all this started was to install the latest critical security update for explorer. Can this have something to do with it..:?: /Thx

None of mine here do that and they're all fully updated but something is certainly goin' on there. :wow:

Well I re enabled disk indexing for both my partions which i disabled a few days ago and now the issue seems to be gone wtf..??

I dunno yet I'll just hope it stays away. :)

Btw full system virus scan and spyware scan performed, came up clean.

Quote Originally Posted by JSR
    that was the size of the update
    That is 250 Megabytes you see in my task manager.

Just to let ya know the weird issue is now gone. I just cleaned up my somewhat dirty register and that somehow fixed the problem!

Thx god for Ashampoo WinOptimzer & Reg Cleaner! :D

Well WTF can I say the **** is back with a vengeance and by the looks of it it's here to stay.. I'd be damn it..!

Looki here at those pics.. Winamp and two IE6 windows is the only thing running..
    The mem usage is cursed..

I need to reinstall Windows!

And suddenly it just dropped by 619Mb like a heavy turd from an elephant without me actually closing any apps or doing anything.. :shrug:

it seems to me that some program is running in background that is trying to fetch data on regular basis.
    a few things that come to my mind are Motherboard Monitor, some HD Moitoring Tool, Norton, Diskeeper Lite/Pro, Trojan, Virus, Spyware etc. (go for an online scan)
    take your pick.
    btw i can support that shout of yours regarding reinstall windows.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Thread Information