Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Internet Explorer behaving strange

My Internet Explorer 6 is behaving strange. It seems that the buttons that open another Internet Explorer window don't work on web pages. I figured it must be something in the security settings that doesn't allow to open new Internet Explorer windows, so I changed all the security settings to "default" settings, but the problem persists.

I tried installing Netscape 7.1 and it works fine.

Since I prefer Internet Explorer, I tried removing it from the Windows installation and reinstalling it, but it seems that the Windows setup program only removes it from the menu and the files are never removed or reinstalled, so the problem persists. How can I remove it from my Windows so I can reinstall it?

By the way, I have Windows XP, SP1 and all the latest updates from the Microsoft webpage.
    It's not important to know all the answers, as long as you know how to contact someone who does.

Quote Originally Posted by gaviota
    My Internet Explorer 6 is behaving strange. It seems that the buttons that open another Internet Explorer window don't work on web pages.
    what do you mean by that? :confused:
    are u telling us that when u click on a link, a new window does not pop up?
    have you checked that some pop-up blocker is not blocking them?
    google toolbar and norton firewall (i have heard it but never tried) can block pop-ups. you might be experiencing that but if you want to repair your IE then try this
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Quote Originally Posted by asklepios
    what do you mean by that? :confused:
    are u telling us that when u click on a link, a new window does not pop up?
    have you checked that some pop-up blocker is not blocking them?
    google toolbar and norton firewall (i have heard it but never tried) can block pop-ups. you might be experiencing that but if you want to repair your IE then try this
    Exactly, new windows don't pup up.

Now that you mention Norton, I just realized that this happened right after I installed the Network Associates Anti-virus. However, I have searched in all the menus to see an option that disabled pop up windows, but I can't find it.

I'll try to reinstall the Internet Explorer, I'll let you know if it works.
    It's not important to know all the answers, as long as you know how to contact someone who does.

Thread Information