Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Safely remove hardware icon

How do I remove the 'Safely remove hardware' icon in the buttom right taskbar?

I know about the hide icon and I know that it's only there when you use USB devices. Yes it doesn't do me any harm but I hate stuff being there! Even more so when I don't know how to remove it!

Thanks for any help!
    << Flunders >>

Intel Celeron CPU 2.0MHz O/C'd at 2.94MHz // Coolermaster Aero 4 // Gigabyte GA-8SQ800 SiS 655 chipset // Zalman ZM-NB47J Northbridge Cooler // Leadtek Research WinFast A250 Ti4200 64MB O/C'd at 300/585 /w Zalman ZM80C-HP Silent VGA Heatpipe Cooler and Fan // OCZ 512MB (2x256MB) PC4000 Dual Channel Gold Series DDR // Maxtor DiamondMax Plus9 120GB 2MB Cache // Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Platinum // Pioneer DVD-120 Slot Load // Enlight Endura EN-7250 case // Globalwin Super Silent 22dBA 320W ATX Power Supply // Panasonic (PanaSync E70i) 17" Monitor // Wheel Mouse Optical // Cherry G83-6000 PS2 Keyboard // Creative Webcam NX PRO

Windows XP PRO SP1

That's a system feature and as far as I know the only way to "remove" it is to hide it.

I thought that would be the case! So typical!

Oh well I guess I'm stuck with it! However I strongly believe there is some sneaky way of removing at. Well in Windows2000 it gave you the option so there has be a way.

Thanks anyway! :)
    << Flunders >>

Intel Celeron CPU 2.0MHz O/C'd at 2.94MHz // Coolermaster Aero 4 // Gigabyte GA-8SQ800 SiS 655 chipset // Zalman ZM-NB47J Northbridge Cooler // Leadtek Research WinFast A250 Ti4200 64MB O/C'd at 300/585 /w Zalman ZM80C-HP Silent VGA Heatpipe Cooler and Fan // OCZ 512MB (2x256MB) PC4000 Dual Channel Gold Series DDR // Maxtor DiamondMax Plus9 120GB 2MB Cache // Creative Sound Blaster Live! 5.1 Platinum // Pioneer DVD-120 Slot Load // Enlight Endura EN-7250 case // Globalwin Super Silent 22dBA 320W ATX Power Supply // Panasonic (PanaSync E70i) 17" Monitor // Wheel Mouse Optical // Cherry G83-6000 PS2 Keyboard // Creative Webcam NX PRO

Windows XP PRO SP1

QUOTE]Originally posted by flunders
    Oh well I guess I'm stuck with it! However I strongly believe there is some sneaky way of removing at. [/QUOTE]

If you are running XP Pro you have summized correctly; you can gain total victory over this MS control issue. As i have been running XP/XP Pro since it's 2000 Beta release under code name
    Whistler; always using an MS optical wheel mouse and Logitech
    game pad, both being USB, and have yet to have ever even seen this legendary "safely remove hardware" icon.

This problem, no doubt, revolves around your initial choices made during set-up and install and possibly compounded by
    further choices made during updates. Either way, 'tis an alluring
    quandry which begs to be solved.

If you would care to email me a complete list of your current installed Windows Apps and Updates, i will be more than just overjoyed to Crack this MS Nut for you.:hammer: :woot:
    secrets:
    Is there anybody out there?
    Guess not, if you can see me.

5. Default

since were on this removing icons deal, how can I remove the my desktop and network neighborhood from my w2kpro desktop? I hate seeing them and I never use them...I prefer a nice and clean desktop except for that trashcan.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueyes
    since were on this removing icons deal, how can I remove the my desktop and network neighborhood from my w2kpro desktop? I hate seeing them and I never use them...I prefer a nice and clean desktop except for that trashcan.
    Hang on there Blueyes, as soon as ever i can remember, and
    i'm a lookin' now..................i'll post it for ya:confused:

Okay, i gave up on finding the box which allows ya to remove all desktop icon's except wastebasket.........but, all ya gotta do is right click system icon's & double click remove from desktop,
    all other you can flat delete :snip:
    secrets:

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by dryadskull
    Hang on there Blueyes, as soon as ever i can remember, and
    i'm a lookin' now..................i'll post it for ya:confused:

Okay, i gave up on finding the box which allows ya to remove all desktop icon's except wastebasket.........but, all ya gotta do is right click system icon's & double click remove from desktop,
    all other you can flat delete :snip:
    Ahh, if it were that simple...no option to just remove and it wont delete nor will it be allowed to hit the trashcan :/

SORRY........ my bad i thought ya's was running XP/XP pro
    but, clearly see now your runnin w2kpro............didn't mean
    to waste y'alls time.............neva mind: omg:
    secrets:

No a mouse doesn't count when it comes to the 'safely removing hardware' icon and obviously neither does gamepad since you don't see it. It's just when you use other stuff like a printer and wireless Internet (like myself)...etc.
    << Flunders >>

Windows XP PRO SP1

Yep, Flunders, i think you'll have to go with PersianImmortals hide
    or live with it...................as i just hooked up a usb Epson 880, Polaroid Digitial camera and external Hard Drive which all 3 give the icon. Score another one for the MS control issue.
    secrets:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information