Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: winxp pro error

Hi all,

yesterday i decided to unisntall and install some programs (norton 2004 and office 2003) it work fine till today, i got errors when opening a office doc and office 2003 couldn't autofixed the problem it say a dll file was missing, same happen with norton 2004 so i decide to reboot, after the blackscreen where it says windows xp professional i got the blue screen of death saying that if couldn't find a dll file, that the file is missing and that a reinstallation of the aplication would solve the problem, now i can't even enter windows, i have the win xp cd and i know it has a recovery option but don't know what to command to use

i'm running WinXP pro sp1 fully updated

thanks for any help :cheers:

didn't you forget something? the name of the DLL...?
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

the name is csrsrv.dll

but now something weird happen, i can't boot into recovery console, i have tried with two cd's already, the cd boots fine but after the part where it says that is checking for hardware i get a blackscreen a nothing shows up, this is the part where i should get the blue screen

ok i managed to fixed the problem, now i can get into windows and everything seems normal till now, but office 2003 doesn't work, i have tried to reinstall,repair, uninstall but those options don't work, is there anyway to force the uninstalltion of the program?

did you try running the setup of office from CD as it has the option of repairing/removing.
    if nothing works then delete the folder having MSOffice and then use a program like regcleaner to remove all the registry entries related to MSOffice. don't forget to search for normal.dot and delete it.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

nice program the regcleaner,

thanks askelepios :cheers:

Thread Information