Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have read and read but I still cant....

Get how to dual boot or triple boot a PC. You know like have 98 on one partition and XP on the other partition.

Oh yeah and is there a way to change the graphics on the windows XP download program you know the one that asks you where you want the file to go and then you see earth throwing files to a folder? Can You change the earth and the file picture?

Part 1: nothing special to do. just install 98se first and then XP and you will have a OS chosing screen on reboot after XP install. in other words install older OS first and then latest one but if that list of OS involves Linux then Linux would go in end
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

I triple boot, i got a guide from the internet...wait a sec ill see if i can give you a link to it. Ah ha here you go

http://www.tweak3d.net/articles/multibootlinux/

btw i didin't do anything else than this:
    Fomat all (my little 20 Gig HD)
    Partition 1.5g for 98 and 2.5G for xp and 10 gig for progs and games for windows
    Install 98 and basics drivers
    In 98 insert xp CD and start installation on the 2.5G partition
    Install basic XP drivers
    When that works well just boot from linux CD's and install it on the unformatted space left (note: it will take all the space left!)
    Hope tHat helps!
    Go Open source! : peace2:
    SYX -=AMD Powered=-
    AMD 1800+ @ 1880Mhz on A7S333 , 250 Meg DDR 333 Platinum @2-2-2-6
    Asus TNT 2 32 meg (128) , 250W ATX, 200W AT (same case)
    Steel automotive intake fan (see avatar) , 3X40mm exaust fans in the back

Quote Originally Posted by syx
    Go Open source! : peace2:
    I think I like this^ guy

Darkerick, mutli-booting is quite simple. If you want to use win9x in the mix, and you want it to be able to see and write to all the partions, format with FAT32.

1. Create at least 2 patitions
    2. Install the oldest windows first (win98) on the first partiton
    3. Install the next windows (windows xp)
    on the second partion
    That's it, you're done.

If you ever decided to change the mix, remember that you need a seperate partition for each OS, and to install the oldest winOS first and work your way to the newest. And if you add linux, it get's installed last.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

yeah but how do you set both partitiions for installation?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkerick
    yeah but how do you set both partitiions for installation?
    what do you mean by that? we have told you everything you need to know to multi-boot
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

i really hate to ask this question but its a must after your last post. have you ever installed Windows on a PC by YOURSELF? if you have never done so then you should give up this idea of double or triple booting and first think abt learning how to install Windows.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

As with the majority of questions asked on this forum, the answer is in one of my XP tweak guides. I lament the fact that most people don't read them, or read through both of them carefully :cry:

Anyway see this page of my 2nd XP guide (Relax to Righteous) for information and links to clear instructions on how to install XP from scratch and an article by Microsoft on how to multiboot your OS.

That's a good starting point.

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by asklepios
    i really hate to ask this question but its a must after your last post. have you ever installed Windows on a PC by YOURSELF? if you have never done so then you should give up this idea of double or triple booting and first think abt learning how to install Windows.
    I asked the same question in another of his threads, and got no reply...

In response to part two of your question. Yes you can. However the process is very complicated for newbies so i dont recommend it untill you get a better grasp on windows xp.

It involves at the very minimum downloaded a hacked windows .dll which includes the new .avi files and bypassing windows file protection (NOT RECOMMENDED FOR NEWBIES).

You can also create the avi yourself, hack the .dll with ResHacker or a similar program, replace the default .avi with the modded one, and bypass windows file protection in order to overwrite the old one.

As i said before this procedure may be out of your league for a while but if you really want to try it (AT YOUR OWN RISK) i can post some links that will help you out.
    http://members.lycos.co.uk/neo2600/SystemSpecs.gif

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who don''''t.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information