Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can someone clarify this?

Quote Originally Posted by kane2g
    I doubt that anyone would bother slipstreaming a OEM CD, as the install directory isnt the same as retail. You would have to get into their setup etc.
    Something is funny about this.
    Also the regirstration of the "newsgroup CD" will probably get you in trouble, as they can tell its not OEM but something else.
    Use the restore CDs. Than go and update what is needed. Forget the friends way, its not a good idea, and since you got your CDs back, why bother.
    pal you have confused yourself. this guy has OEM CD's while his friend has "downloaded" CD. you know what i mean? so this "downloaded" CD is most probably not an OEM one and thus might be a slip streamed one.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Quote Originally Posted by asklepios
    pal you have confused yourself. this guy has OEM CD's while his friend has "downloaded" CD. you know what i mean? so this "downloaded" CD is most probably not an OEM one and thus might be a slip streamed one.
    actually no.
    I know he has OEM, and his buddies is a warez one, lets be honest, it is.
    I also will call his BS on making OEM key work on Warez CD, no matter what newsgroup you got it from or how they slipstreamed it.
    Just my :2cents:
    Use the legal one, be done with it. :rolleyes2

Would someone please explain what "slipstreaming" and "warez" means?
    The install cd that my friend brought over had several and I do mean several versions on it. It also had a key generator on it. Wherever it originally came from , it was very well done.
    I ONLY used it to determine what was wrong with my pc. I could not find mine and I thought I may have had a hard drive failure. I am not a software pirate and I do not even belong to any newsgroups. I am merely curious by nature and would like to learn.
    BTW, I really did use the product key that I had saved with the install cd that my friend brought over. I am thinking that if the key had not been good, the install would have stopped. Is this much correct?

SLipstreaming is making an XP install on a CD with alot of the updates, so it installs updates along with Windows installation. Also can be a hands-free installation.

Warez refers to anything involving piracy etc.

Thanks.
    "Warez", I wonder how the origin of that term developed.
    Everything on my box seems to be okay. I am not sure what corrupted the os. I never got the blue screen of death, what I got was a dos screen that said Windows did not load and then the pc froze. The main thing is all appears well, except for some data in Windows folders that was lost.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information