Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: make windows look like mac os x 10.2?

How can i amke it likke that does someone have a know pack that works or a theme for windows blinds and/or style xp???:smokin:

U could use Litestep (http://www.litestep.net), and then d/l The Panther Skin (http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.as...y=6&SkinID=303).

Jimbo

there have been a couple questions about this recently. are there some screen shots or rummors floating around the net or something? I've never seen so much interest in getting windows to looks like a OSX before :confused:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Beefy Guest

It's because most people are realising now how good Macs actually are, and seeing as they can't actually have one themselves, they are dressing their PC up to look like one, hoping to fool others.. :)

There's a Mac OS X boot screen out there as well that looks very legit.

it would be easier to get Linux to look and act like OSX. Actually it is quite easy seeing as I've done it before, but I guess going Linux is just too much for people.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Beefy Guest

Despite what people say, going to Linux isn't that easy for dedicated Windows users. I consider myself reasonably ept with computers, but I had trouble getting Linux to do what I wanted it to. The learning curve outweighed the benefits for me.

I feel Beefy's pain, but once I saw XP I've resigned myself to someday learning the in's n' out's of Linux.

Just as soon as I can't get the job done using 98 SE anymore.
    I think I got some time left though:?:
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Quote Originally Posted by Beefy
    The learning curve outweighed the benefits for me.
    really?!?!?! :eek:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by asklepios
    really?!?!?! :eek:
    Sadly, yeah. I had a bit of spare time at work, so I set up a machine to play with. I was experimenting with Windows file sharing via Samba and other things, and I just gave up after a while. Things just weren't clicking. If I needed to do it, I'm sure I could put the effort in, but for what I was getting out of it, I didn't bother.

To me, it's like fishing. I could go and spend heaps of time and effort in catching and preparing fish, then having a great meal, or I can take the easy option out and go buy a prepared fish and enjoy that just as much. :) Call it the lazy option.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo51
    U could use Litestep (http://www.litestep.net), and then d/l The Panther Skin (http://www.wincustomize.com/skins.as...y=6&SkinID=303).

Jimbo

litestep is down i got it tohugh thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information