Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows Server 2003........please help

Hi, I have download windows server 2003 as an .iso and I have put it onto disk, but how to I get it to install on my computer?

you downloaded it as an .iso?

piracy and related discussion isn't allowed here, sorry.

=Thread Closed=
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I'll open this one back up since Server 2003 is still a downloadable product from Microsoft. The installation is set up to run as a 180 day evaluation. Of course, the goal is to have businesses try it out and get it all set up and customized... and then force them to buy the product after the evaluation time is over.

Anyway, as to the ISO portion of the question, you'll need to find utility capable of burning your disk from the ISO image. I have had very good luck with the Nero product line. Under the FILE tab, you will see an option allowing you to burn a disk from an image file (of which an ISO is).
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Quote Originally Posted by Darthtanion
    I'll open this one back up since Server 2003 is still a downloadable product from Microsoft.
    my apologies, I didn't realize it was still downloadable :o

No problems... the main reason I knew is because our IT folks have been playing with it as a possible replacement for our dated WinNT 3.51 server boxes. I really hope they find something else, though.
    My Toys

Linux based maybe? :?:

Beefy Guest

I'm running a 2003 Standard server at work along side our Novell servers. I quite like it.. :shrug:

Yes, I would prefer something Linux based. They just put a new server in our building running dual Xeon 2.4's and the thing is sweet. Using a Linux based OS for server functions as an experiment... plus the costs are considerably lower than using the new Winders package.
    My Toys

I have already burned it onto a disk. But it does start the setup up when I put the disk in?

Quote Originally Posted by Mobile2001
    I have already burned it onto a disk. But it does start the setup up when I put the disk in?
    I don't see why it would be different than installing any other version of windows, assuming you burned it correctly.

To be honest though, if you don't know how to install a desktop version of windows, you probably shouldn't be messing with a server edition.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information