Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where is the Check Disk program located?

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    I find that almost amusing. The whole bassis for your little rant was something you editied to you post after I posted the majority of mine and simply added to my post after seeing your edit. I wasn't going to go rewrite my entire post for that.
    [/B]I don't know what I edited before or after your post. I didn't see your post until after I had edited it. But if you go back to your post, you actually quote me as saying that I don't want the shortcut to go to the command prompt. So it's not quite true that your post was written before I had that in there, which is the basis for my rant.

[B]
    as for belittling you for not reading, it was simply a responce to this:It had nothing to do with whether or not you wanted to use the CLI, but the fact that it really could have helped you.
    As for the quote "Huh? Typing "help" in the command prompt does not answer my question in the slightest." - I wrote that because of Wiggo's patronizing post.

Let me make something clear: Typing help into the command prompt didn't answer my question. Going to MS's website didn't answer my question (at least not that I could see, but it's very presumtuous to assume I haven't already checked). While I appreciate everybody's help, I still don't have the answer to my question. I find it amusing that you still think you've answered my question, and that typing help, etc, into the command prompt gave me the answer. Again, have you not read my posts?

The bottom line is, I'm still seeking the answer, although Yawgm0th and Beefy have addressed the fact that it may be too difficult to find.

This article may help you. It seemed to be talking about just what you want.

PC World Article

Respond back and let us know if this helped.

Quote Originally Posted by tjgartner
    I don't know what I edited before or after your post. I didn't see your post until after I had edited it. But if you go back to your post, you actually quote me as saying that I don't want the shortcut to go to the command prompt. So it's not quite true that your post was written before I had that in there, which is the basis for my rant.
    my posts do not show they have been edited, one of the perks of being a mod I suppose. The quote was an edit to my post. You are missing the point, and I'm tried of trying to explain it to you.

tjgartner, I sincerely hope you find the infotrmation you are looking for, but this is getting ridiculous and you will not recieve anymore assistance from me on this issue.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    my posts do not show they have been edited, one of the perks of being a mod I suppose. The quote was an edit to my post. You are missing the point, and I'm tried of trying to explain it to you.
    I can't help but laugh, as you are the one missing the point. If you edited your post to reflect the fact that you later realized that I didn't want to go to the command prompt, then why not edit out your irrelevent and rude remarks about me not bothering to read? Obviously that remark became inapplicable once you realized that the problem was not that I didn't read, but that I didn't want to go to the command prompt.

You see, this is what happens when you make an assumption (that I wanted to go to the command prompt), and then follow your assumption up with a rude remark intending to belittle me. Next time, don't make assumptions. And if you do make an assumption at least refrain from making a smart*ss comment. There is no need for it, and as it turned out, you stuck your foot in your mouth since your rude remark wasn't even applicable to the situation.

I realize that in reality, you were defending Wiggo, and his rude remarks, because you made the same assumption he did about the command prompt, and therefore you thought his somewhat rude remarks were applicable to my situation, and that my retort was uncalled for and made in ignorance. Well, again, don't make assumptions, and regardless of whether you do make assumptions, don't be rude. My response to Wiggo was tainted with his same sarcasm, but as it turns out, my foot is not in my mouth, because I was entirely correct that typing "help" in the command prompt didn't solve my problem. So now both of your feet are in your mouth because of your assumptions and rudeness, and my problem is still not solved.

tjgartner, I sincerely hope you find the infotrmation you are looking for, but this is getting ridiculous and you will not recieve anymore assistance from me on this issue.
    Well, thanks for the help you did give. It didn't solve the problem, but it was appreciated nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by G Smith
    This article may help you. It seemed to be talking about just what you want.

PC World Article

Respond back and let us know if this helped.
    I'll read it and get back to you G Smith. Thx!!

I realize that in reality, you were defending Wiggo, and his rude remarks, because you made the same assumption he did about the command prompt, and therefore you thought his somewhat rude remarks were applicable to my situation, and that my retort was uncalled for and made in ignorance. Well, again, don't make assumptions, and regardless of whether you do make assumptions, don't be rude. My response to Wiggo was tainted with his same sarcasm, but as it turns out, my foot is not in my mouth, because I was entirely correct that typing "help" in the command prompt didn't solve my problem. So now both of your feet are in your mouth because of your assumptions and rudeness, and my problem is still not solved.
    No one has to defend me but what I really find amazing is that your doing something the hard way so that you can be lazier with it (and yes I also saw that same post before it was edited but you have been just as lazy with some other posts of your's) as 1st you don't want to use your keyboard and likely next you won't want to use your mouse though you have certainly shown me that you are also too lazy to use Help files.
    I found a program in the System 32 folder called chkdsk.exe, but it's not quite the same, as it opens a command prompt, and then does a check disk...but that doesn't give you the option to have it fix errors, etc.
    As it has been stated by me and others, all the answers are there if you bothered to look and read properly. I can live with my statement but it seems that you're to thin skinned too, CYA : peace2:

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    No one has to defend me but what I really find amazing is that your doing something the hard way so that you can be lazier with it (and yes I also saw that same post before it was edited but you have been just as lazy with some other posts of your's) as 1st you don't want to use your keyboard and likely next you won't want to use your mouse though you have certainly shown me that you are also too lazy to use Help files.
    [/B]What BS. My first post, which is the only post I made prior to your first post, has never been edited, so don't imply that your post was made before I edited mine. Give me a break...

[B]
    As it has been stated by me and others, all the answers are there if you bothered to look and read properly. I can live with my statement but it seems that you're to thin skinned too, CYA : peace2:
    Really? Well, I spent quite some time looking for the answer before I ever posted in here.

Perhaps you could find the answer for me in a Windows help file somewhere. It appears that the PC World article that G Smith found will solve my problem (I haven't tried it yet as I have to wait until I get home).

Tell you what, if you can find a help file in the command prompt, or on MS's website (which is where you told me to look, as if I didn't already) that explains what that PC World article explains, I'll eat my words, publicly apologize for my clear laziness and stupidity, and even leave this forum (if that's what you want).

Here's my guess of the outcome: You will try with all your might to find a help file which has the same info as the PC World article. You will come up with nothing. You will then pretend you ignored this challenge as too childish and tell me that you couldn't be bothered (or you'll just never post in this thread again). All the while, I'll know you couldn't find the answer yourself. :D

On a side note: You think all the answers are in help files, and that problems are created by people who don't read properly, huh? Why do you even look in forums like this then? They are primarily filled with questions about computers. Is your passtime spent going to forums and telling people that they could find the answers themselves if only they could read properly? The next time you have trouble doing something, whether it's with computers, your car, or the law, I want you to remember your words. I want you to fix the problem yourself by reading properly. If you ask for help, or pay somebody to do if for you, just remember your own words: you're lazy and can't read properly.

tjgartner, i hope that article has the information you were looking for. This thread is clearly going no where useful at this point. I hope you realise how much of an ass you are making yourself look like. If Wiggo wants to play your game, that's his call, but I have had enough of this.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information