Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Runtime Errors in Windows 98

Yes I know...98 is OLD. I am soon buying a new comp fully updated. But for the time being I would like to fix some repetitive errors on my computer... One error I get playing games or using internet explorer scanning the net is the following...

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program C:\Program files\"insert name of program here"\CLIENTR.EXE

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in in an unusual way.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this error?:?:

Win98 only runs for so long before it just needs to be started fresh. After installing programs, removing others and so on for a long time, the best bet is to format the drive and install Win98 again so it can get a fresh lease on life.

Oh, and more times than not a Runtime error is caused by bad coding (particularly of web pages) rather than a problem with the machine. If you don't think this is the case for you, then head over to www.microsoft.com and under their SUPPORT header, look for the Knowledge Base and do a search there. It is surprisingly complete... but I guess it had to be given the number of problems that always seem to accomany ANY Microsoft product.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Thread Information