Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 98SE vs ME vs XP

P.S.
    your video card probably hold you back before any OS

MAKE A PAPER WEIGHT OUT OF THAT!

hey snow, I don't have an old pc instead an old OS. I once used Windows 2000 pro but I'm a little bit disappointed cause some games won't run under it!

Quote Originally Posted by snowpro
    If ya got 512 Ram
    NO BRAINER IT'S XP
    LESS WIN 2000
    LOOK HERE!
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/p...eaturecomp.asp
    HERE TOO!
    http://www.computeruser.com/articals...0501%2C02.html

As far as price I've seen XP pro & 2000 pro full version both under 0.00
    XP home fullversion .00 : online and at pc shows
    Way more stable than 98 /98 lossing support from microsoft
    absolutly worth the cost!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you can even play dos games which they dont even make anymore, with a few fixes
    Every thing is or will be geared to modern day OS

IF YA GOT OLD PC, MAKE YOU A BOAT ANCHOR TOSS IT IN THE BAY!

Shop around lot's great deals on modern PC'S
    :shoot3:
    For some people, even $80 is a lot. And as I said, some DOS games just don't work. Buying a new computer is rarely a good option. Hell, based on what little I know already about your system, you're good for a while unless your expecting something like Half-Life 2 or Deus Ex: IW (in other words, high-end first-person shooters) to work smoothly you should be good.
    The first link is almost totaly irrelevant. Only a select few of the things mentioned matter at all (i.e. System Restore. IMO, System Restore is dumb and rarely useful)
    Second link seems to not be working properly anymore. Although $80 isn't a terrible deal on XP Home, if your going to pay for XP get Pro, the extra stuff is worth it.
    Don't use your computer as an anchor, it's not heavy enough to hold anything bigger than a canoe. Plus it's good enough that I would friggin buy it from you rather than see it trashed.

Calm down!
    Nothing personal
    Guess! I got a bad sense of Hummer
    I even have old pc, it's not a boat anchor,but it makes great base for one of my other pc's

I understand the value of a dollar

I'm not a gamer either my kids are, built them nice system, but anyway!!! I'M SORRY TO OFFEND!

maybe missed key on the second link
    http:/www.computeruser.com/articals/2105%2C5%2C17%2C1%2C0501%2C02%.html

Links dont refer to gaming persay just showing differences and show what 98 does not have.
    As far as system restore can disable but there is lots of value to it especialy if you have different people plinkin around your pc
    I personally prefer 2000 pro

Here's one of my favorite games: Hope You Don't Like Cats! Don"t Want to offend anyone
    http://www.richsalter.btinternet.co.uk/cks1/index.html
    Can't wait for the new one

Not able to play some games on 2000 pro there probably is answer to problem, POST IT, probably not the OS there!

Happy New Year!

P.S. Yawgmoth I would'nt sell you a pc anyway Cause Guess What I Dont Sell Em ! ( it's just a hobby)

:laugh: :laugh::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hey snow. I'm not offended! im just ok!!!!!!!sorrry because I put an exclamation mark! lol! its ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't mean to seem offended. I knew you were joking. On second though, I very offended. I'm uhh, umm, a computer rights activist (Yeah, that the ticket!). Your use of personal computers as boat anchors will come to an end! :snip: I will lobby Congress until the constitution is amended to give computers more civil rights.
    :group: : peace: :blah:
    Anyway, my point was that buying a new OS just doesn't make sense this time, even if it's incredibly cheap. As for System Restore, I hate it so much that I don't won't to take the thirty seconds to turn it off. It often causes problems rather than fixing them. I prefer a good old reformat if stuff goes really bad. Anyway, I really didn't mean to seem offended, just having myself a friendly debate.:cheers:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information