Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I have a stupid question

Quote Originally Posted by PersianImmortal
    Home vs Pro is virtually no difference, so pick the cheaper.
    I'd have to disagree with you there. there are far too many advanced features locked out of the Home version that I have come to rely on. XP Home came on my current notebook and I couldn't wait to be rid of it, the missing utitilites and applets were frustrating me within minutes :( (happily using 2k Pro and Mdk 9.2 on it now)

However, for a typical to moderate PC user XP Home may be suitable.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

The most notable missing utility in XP Home vs XP Pro is Group Editor - almost all the tweaks resulting from it can be accessed through registry editor, msconfig or TweakUI. The difference between Home and Pro is virtually unnoticeable if you don't run a home network.

The performance for XP Home vs XP Pro is identical, so in terms of general gaming and home use there is no difference there.

Minibubba, I'd be genuinely interested in finding out other utilities/features you missed which aren't in XP Home.

Quote Originally Posted by PersianImmortal
    Minibubba, I'd be genuinely interested in finding out other utilities/features you missed which aren't in XP Home.
    I'd be more than happy to, but it will have to wait till I have the time to put XP Home back on here as that is the only way I will remember them all.

Off the top of my head, one thing that I just found annoying was the true Admin acct is completely disabled unless you boot into Safe Mode. Could be a way around it, but I was unable to find a way within a fairly short time. That wasn't really a hindrance, just annoying. That not even at the top of my list of things i didn't like, just came to mind.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information