Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: inititiation problem in XP




  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    306

    Default

    hello guys just wondring if you can help me with my problem.. WinXP just takes ages to loads and gives me an error on NAVPA32.exe this error results my "Start" button not functioning.

    Additional question; Can you perform Scandisk on XP on the DOS Mode same as the Win Me?? If so.. how do i do it? i was lookin for it ages ago but didn't have any luck.

    Thanks in Advance guys!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    3,141

    Default

    That's a symantec product giving you problems..

    The Backdoor.Sparta.C is a trojan which tryes to delete files that belongs to several firewall/virus protection programs. Check that you have the latest definitions installed and then try and scan your whole system. :2cents:

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    caves of bedrock
    Posts
    3,129

    Default

    Windows XP does not have scandisk rather it comes with chkdsk.
    open a command prompt window and type [code:1:0c037dc434]help chkdsk[/code:1:0c037dc434]
    this will tell you all the switches required to pass for the proper functioning of chkdsk.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH


    If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    icq : 203189004
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The__tweaker
    That's a symantec product giving you problems..

    The Backdoor.Sparta.C is a trojan which tryes to delete files that belongs to several firewall/virus protection programs. Check that you have the latest definitions installed and then try and scan your whole system. :2cents:
    I deleted the symantec folder on the registry.. so its not gonna work at all now. And also... I can't access the control panel because the "Start" button is not functioning., Is there another way to fixed the problem?

    Oh the symantec is still there appearing on the Add/Remove Program. How can i completely delete this symantec products? I really hate it now! its causing me trouble.

    Many thanks guys!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asklepios
    Windows XP does not have scandisk rather it comes with chkdsk.
    open a command prompt window and type [code:1:cedad51c20]help chkdsk[/code:1:cedad51c20]
    this will tell you all the switches required to pass for the proper functioning of chkdsk.
    Oh i see.. but CHKDSK is on windows, will be able to fixed something?

    Thanks man!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    caves of bedrock
    Posts
    3,129

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazysniper22
    Oh i see.. but CHKDSK is on windows, will be able to fixed something?
    i don't understand as to what you want to do :confused:
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH


    If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    icq : 203189004
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    New England Highlands, Australia
    Posts
    21,907

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazysniper22
    I deleted the symantec folder on the registry.. so its not gonna work at all now. And also... I can't access the control panel because the "Start" button is not functioning., Is there another way to fixed the problem?
    Have ya considered bootin' with the XP CD goin' to the Repair console and selectin' "Repair Installation"? :?:

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asklepios
    i don't understand as to what you want to do :confused:
    what i mean is, CHKDSK is not really fixing anything, does it? What i want now is to restore the Windows without deleting those files in there.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    306

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiggo
    Have ya considered bootin' with the XP CD goin' to the Repair console and selectin' "Repair Installation"? :?:
    Im sorry Wiggo i forgot to mention it, this system is prebuilt by Fujitsu Computers. The PC is not mine, its my Dads one. It only has restoration CD and I dont wanna do it, co'z it will delete all the files that currently on the system..

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    caves of bedrock
    Posts
    3,129

    Default

    well can you post the exact error?
    most of the restoration disks that come with PC's just restore the OS and will not delete the other data that you need.
    also you can take the HD out and put it in another PC, copy the required data and do the restoration. btw that PC is infected by a trojan so do take care as to what you are doing.
    did you make any restoration floppies with the help of your anti-virus as those can come handy at this time. you can scan the PC with them and delete the trojan.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH


    If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    icq : 203189004
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •