Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Error when trying to use any programs :(

I get a "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact a system administrator." error message anytime I try to use any program. I can get online by opening my computer, then typing a website address into the address bar, but if i double click on the IE icon, I get said error. Anyone have any ideas?

Is this your PC? :?:

Yes this is my PC, I am the only user and it is labeled Administrator which automatically logs on.(i installed/setup XP and built the computer) There are no other accounts on the computer. Thanks for the quick reply wiggo!

Quote Originally Posted by Shenlon01
    There are no other accounts on the computer.
    try creating another account and make it a member of the admin group. logon with this accout and see if all works well with it first
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

yea, I did that, and it all works fine, so i'm not thinking virus anymore, but I sitll have no clue how to fix it....any ideas?

did you allow any of your naughty friends to play with your PC cos that seems to be a problem with settings of your account which has been tampered.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

I know it looks like the account settings have been changed, I don't know if anyone did it or what, it wasn't me, so now i'm just trying to fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenlon01
    I know it looks like the account settings have been changed, I don't know if anyone did it or what, it wasn't me, so now i'm just trying to fix it.
    Once you get everything sorted out create a password to your computer and lock it up safe and secure everytime you leave it..

That's what I do, that way you avoid havings idiots tampering with stuff which ain't theirs.. :2cents:

Thread Information