Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: windows XP OEM

Thanks WIGGO now were getting somewhere. I got one disk its probley the one on the dell as it came with it, the dell is working find I have used it and done some updates from MOO/SOFT no problem. Now the disk that came with the putter is still sealed and never been opened I would like to put it on amouther puter, will it install,and upgrade. The disk say's XP pro/sp1 I take it that its a full install. The puter I want to put it on has ME/junk on it I would like to format and do clean install I don't have a system disk that I can do upgrade with, amd would like to get rid of whats on this now. As this is the PRO verision do I have to buy a diff. lic. (if so where and how) I don't want to mess up and not have a operating system on my puter. The dell is not my main puter, I bought it for my GF for Xmas. She did not get it I still have it (but that's anouther story) I'll probly sell it.

Ok the Dell was probably activated with that OEM disk's product code so if ya install it on another PC then ya likely to run into big probs tryin' to activate it on the other PC but Dell should've stuck the sticker onto that case just the same. Ya'll have to buy another disk for the other PC if ya want to get rid of MEss though.

Thanks for the info guess this thing is not going to do me any good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information