Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: windows XP OEM

is there a differance in OEM & a reg. retail copy of xp. I have a new dell computer that came with XP installed & in the box I got a new OEM copy of XP pro. can I put this on my outher computer as it needs a new oprerating system, or will it just mess up. I don't have anouther disk of any thing i could use if it don't work. I checked M/soft and my computer should run XP. Or would I be better off waiting till I can spend $300.00 on a retail XP.

Really there is no difference other than support conditions.

Actually, an OEM version of Windows legally is limited to the PC that it is bundled with at the time of purchase.

Legally speaking, it is for that system and no other. Purchase of an additional license would be required.
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

no diff. outher than support will i have problems upgrading on moo/soft.
    I paid for it it should be legal. It was just a surprise it came with PC but for $800.00 dell should give me something.

If I need lic. where do i get it and any idea of cost

The OEM copy of XP that ya have should already be the one installed on that Dell PC. If it isn't then Dell could be in big trouble.

the OEM is on the dell, it works find no problem. my question was i need a new operating system on my outher puter and i got a new copy of xp oem with this dell, can i put it on my outher computer, i just don't want to mess up and not have a operating system on it. the oem disk that came with the dell is XP pro not home.

So ya got 2 OEM disks with ya Dell did ya and one is still in a heatsrink wrapper with a product code sticker and small manual? :?:

thats what i got !! its still sealed all labels are in place never been opened.

Just check ya Dell case first to make sure that ya have a similar sticker attached to it somewhere (I stick them inside the side panel but it can be anywhere on the case). Ya still havn't said if ya got 2 XP CD's. If ya do then ya can stick the sticker on the other PC and use it on that if ya don't then ya'll have big probs if the Dell needs a reinstall of XP.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information