Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: recover deleted file

Same Here!

I've asked for a screenshot of his shareware folder, or even just a list of his top 20, all to no avail !
    "In their capacity as a tool, computers will be but a ripple on the surface of our culture. In their capacity as intellectual challenge, they are without precedent in the cultural history of mankind." - Edsger Dijkstra

Yeah, I forgot to mention the possibility that she has multiple partitions. If she has more tell her to start using the one the file isn't on for everything (we can even give instructions for placing Temporary Internet Files and similar chaches on it). If she doesn't have a second partition tell her to start using floppies for everything she can (including this file). Also, if you think your up to giving her some more advanced instructions, you could try accessing the file from an MS-DOS boot floppy and copying it to a floppy or somewhere else on the drive (C:\Windows\Desktop is where desktop is located in ME, if memory serves). And to get off topic with everyone else, a list of freeware used by good ol' C and minibubba would be pretty cool.

at the risk of getting this more off track while we wait to hear the results of this thread, here is a list i posted earlier today of some of my most frequently used apps:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthre...threadid=16503
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

I apologize for the significantly delayed response.

I am very happy to share good news with you folk. The file was recovered! I don't know exactly which program did it for sure because she said that she tried several, but the important thing is that she had success.

It's amazing to me that an asset like the knowledge that is just waiting to be excercised here can be free. I'm sure it would have costed her a large sum of money just to find out if the file COULD have been recovered. This is free because it is operated by people who care for and are passionate about the work they do, and they would do it whether they get payed or not.

She told me to express her most sincere grattitude to all of you.

anytime :)
    that's what we're here for, I'm just glad the file was able to be recovered.

:cheers:
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Not like I have anything better to do anyway.
    :) Glad to hear it was recovered.

:thumb:

the sig says it all
    The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information