Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Windows NT Logon

Hello, one of my friend's mom was given an older laptop from her company, she brought it to me to se if I could get it to boot into windows. It seems the company had been using windows 2000 professional and she doesnt have the user name and password to log in. Is there anyway I can either completely bypass the Login screen or maybe force the entrance? They prefer that I do not reformat because the computer contains microsoft office and other such programs that they would like to use and I dont have them to install on this computer if i do reformat. Any help is gladly appreciated, thanks alot
    Television is the first truly democratic culture - the first culture available to everybody and entirely governed by what the people want. The most terrifying thing is what people do want.
    Clive Barnes

for legal reasons, format it.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

By all legal rights the company should've erased all software from it unless they intended her to use it for work purposes and then they should've supplied her with a valid user name and password.

Oh ok, I'll have to find everything out then and make sure it would be alright for me to reformat or not, thanks
    Television is the first truly democratic culture - the first culture available to everybody and entirely governed by what the people want. The most terrifying thing is what people do want.
    Clive Barnes

I have the same problem right now. So...no one answered, any work around to get past the log-in?

If I install XP, will my data fils still be there?

Any help would be much appreciated:cheers:

since your situation is similar to Moctezuma05 then the same that wiggo and myself said still applies.

Formating the partition(s) effectively removes all the data from those partitions. If you don't back up your important data first, you will lose it.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Quote Originally Posted by fireman1950
    any work around to get past the log-in?
    You got to be kidding..

Not really

There is a way around...I'll keep looking.

Quote Originally Posted by fireman1950
    Not really

There is a way around...I'll keep looking.
    Good luck.. :)

I found it and it works

Thanks for the luck : peace2:

[EDIT]: Link removed for legal purposes and it violates Forum Policy. Thread Closed. Admin.

Thread Information