Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Services in XP Home..won't start "at all"

Hi,

I've been through the guides here and over at the Black Viper dudes site and I generally have no problem with setting them up to start at boot or to just run as needed, The guide at this site is perfect but heres what I got... I reinstalled twice recently for other hardware related reasons and now i'm having trouble with a couple a services that won't run on auto like I set them and then they won't start when I manually start them. I get this error message...Configuration manager,,,The specified device instance handle does not correspond to a present device. That is when I click the application management service. ...I think there's a sevice that must depend on another service that isn't running.
    but it's causing some games to not run. Like a couple a games won't launch. Never had this one before gentlemen,,,,,,,Please someone gimme a hand ?
    I've tried all of them on auto,manual, and lord knows how many other ways, and nothing, not even the default .reg files from BViper will make this work.

My specs.

msi6330 v.5 K7T-turbo 2
    Athlon XP2400+ 2.0
    Enermax 350w psu
    ti4600 video
    SBLive audio
    512mb pc133 sdram FSB 266

You know I just thought of this, Games with a config setup that launches first before the game seem to work fine, but games with the setup for graphics and such within the game, will not launch,,at all...instead the icons just come to life right on my desktop, jump up and down screamin nooo,,we aint gonna launch diddly.
    or-somethin like that I'm losin it I guess.

Download AVG Antivirus and Adaware6 and give them both a run, as it sounds like you've got a virus or something there

amdman,
    I did the adaware run not the virus run but I think My registry needs a good tweakin..I just want to know where to tweak it at. :o

Man I just installed. Have you seen this before ?

Haven't seen this before but....
    Go here and follow the instructions on services. If you have a LAN, keep Network Location Awareness (NLA), Server, and Workstation on automatic. Keep print spooler on automatic if you have a printer. Any other services you know should stay on automatic (third-party software uses them). If the problem is actually with the settings in services.msc (or msconfig), it should now be fixed. If not, a virus, spyware cookie or a program, or very bad hardware driver is causing it, most likely.

Ok yaw, you got it.
    I'mgonna give that a real good read.:)
    I'll be back ...shortly

Yes sir,
    That was informative, thanks, but first let me ask you this please. Do you know how to go about completely removing\uninstalling the via 4in1 chipset driver ? I know you can run the setup and uninstall instead of install but How can I be sure that XP loads the IDE stuff properly. what do you think. I believe my problems started after I installed the latest via 4.51...I should not have used those.

Thread Information