Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Windows Messanger Problems

I have the latest MSN Messanger 6+ installed on my machine and also have an older version of messanger also installed , which I suppose is part of windows. Anyway, my problem is that when I login to the newer version 6+ and try to have a an Audio conversation with a friend or Video or both, I am unable to do it with the new version, but if I use the old version that is also installed on my computer, it works fine. I tried uninstalling the new version and re-install but it still did not work. I tried to uninstall the older version, but I could not find the wise unistall in the control panel/add remove programs to do it. Cold someone please let me know what can I do to get the new version to work. Thanks, Ecosafe

one thread only per topic please, the other has been deleted.

I have you tried updating the original software instead of trying to install a seperate version? The two versions could be conflicting with each other.
    I've gone too far and need to move on!

Sorry, did not know where it will be better suited to get answered. I have unistalled the newer version and tried to uninstall the older one, but I cannont find how to get it out, since it does not appear in the add/remove programs. I think it came with XP, Any other Ideas? Thanks

you can't uninstall the orginal one, not without some registry hacking. That's why I said you should try to update the orginal version that came with XP.

Thanks for the response, I guess I am lost! I guess I do not know how to upgrade the original version? Let me know, becuse the only thing I know how to do is install the new version from MS.com.

Thanks

i don't use M$'s MSN client, and haven't for some time, so i don't recall how to update it. I switched to 3rd party clients long ago ;)
    Just open the client and and search the menus at the top, it should be in there somewhere. Also, periodicly there are updates to the MSN client at Windows Update under 'Recomended Updates'

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    you can't uninstall the orginal one, not without some registry hacking. That's why I said you should try to update the orginal version that came with XP.
    Umm, yeah you can. If you've installed SP1, then you can go to Add / Remove Windows Components (in the Add/Remove Program area of the Control Panel) and remove it from there. ;)

that only removes access from the start menu, not from your system, look at the fine print :P
    Nothing more than removing a shortcut...

The original Messenger can be updated thru Windows Update.

Beefy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by minibubba
    that only removes access from the start menu, not from your system, look at the fine print :P
    Nothing more than removing a shortcut...
    My bad. :) I just disable it in Group Policy anyways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information