Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: windows splash screen?

I am not sure what it is called it is either the windows splash screen or I have heard it called the windows boot screen. Anyway when windows XP pro comes up ( the place where the blue line goes across) it is taking forever! I know the name of this file it is ntoskrnl.exe. Is there anyway to make it get past it faster? It use to be faster than it is now. Thanks for any replies.

That particular screen stays active until the background applications finish loading. If you want it to be faster, then you might look into some of the local Windows Tweaking Guides and see about streamlining the boot process.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

I have went through the tweaks, it seemed like this part of my boot up slowed down!! My shut down speed is a lot faster and my welcome screen is faster, but this screen is slower.

Well, if you went through the tweaks (Persian Immortal's XP Tweaking Guides) you should have installed several programs. So you might have a whole bunch of programs loading at startup, which will slow down your boot time. Go to msconfig (start, run, msconfig) and disable some startup programs. You probably don't need much there, but post if you have doubts about what you need.

also PI's guide talk about BootVis. did you use it?
    also i have found that giving IRQ priority to System CMOS significantly decreases the boot times.
    Latest Microsoft Security Updates.
    Last Updated:
    10th MARCH

If you are a security freak: Use Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer (NT/2000/XP/2003)
    ======================
    jabber : asklepios20@jabber.org
    =======================
    Linux user since: April 24, 2003 312478
    yabaa dabaa doo...
    Customized for 1024x768

Thread Information