Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DirectX 9.0b "AGP Acceleration Disabled"

I'm running XP Pro with DirectX 9.0b and a Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 128MB AGP graphics card. Before I did my system reformat about a week ago, I had absolutely no problems with AGP acceleration. Unfortunately, I cannot remember what version of DirectX I was running.

Here's the deal, my DirectX diagnostic tool has (under the "Display" tab) the "AGP Texture Acceleration" greyed out. I found out that it was when I tried to play Max Payne 2 (it had run perfectly before the reformat). I had also noticed laggy graphics in other games, but attributed it to things I needed to tweak.

I've searched the net for this kind of problem, and some say it is DirectX 9.0b. However, I did a temporary System Restore back to right before I had installed 9.0b, when I still had 9.0a. The Display settings still had the AGP Texture Acceleration greyed out, so that rules out the possibilty that the problem (for me, at least) is DirectX.

Others were suggesting mobo drivers, BIOS, etc. I have an Asus A7N8X-X. All in all, I'm pretty confused.

Did you install the latest chipset drivers for your mother board?
    CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
    Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
    RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
    GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
    PSU: Thermaltake 500w
    SC: Audigy 2 zs
    LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
    Mouse: Logitech G5

I downloaded the new ones the day I reformatted - about a week ago. They're the very latest drivers. Everything has been updated.

i have an AMD Duron 655 Mhz in an Asus A7V motherboard.
    My graphic board is a GeForce 1 DDR, 32 Megs.

Using Windows 2000 + SP 4, Direct-X 8.0, NVidia drivers 29.42, latest VIA 4-in-1 drivers and I also have AGP Texture Acceleration grayed out.

I used Rivatuner in the begining to configure certains settings for the GF1, performance tweaks to get more frames/stability :rolleyes:

What could be the prob?? : peace:

Correction, I downloaded the most recent GRAPHICS drivers, not mobo drivers. The CD for the mobo was lost by my freind (thanks...), so I had to rely on Windows' drivers and such. Is it logical to assume that the problem is with the motherboard?

PS - Jamaica, from looking at your specs, it doesn't look like the problem is with DirectX...have you recently reformatted your HD and NOT used the drivers that came with the mobo?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkens85
    Correction, I downloaded the most recent GRAPHICS drivers, not mobo drivers. The CD for the mobo was lost by my freind (thanks...), so I had to rely on Windows' drivers and such. Is it logical to assume that the problem is with the motherboard?
    Windows does not have the drivers required for the nForce2 chipset so head over to the ASUS website and download all the drivers and ultilities ya need.

Hey mate, I've got a GeForce FX5200, not an NForce2...does that make a difference? (pardon my ignorance)

Wiggo is refering to the chipset for your motherboard not your card, in order to run the agp properly windows need chipset drivers.
    CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
    Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
    RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
    GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
    PSU: Thermaltake 500w
    SC: Audigy 2 zs
    LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
    Mouse: Logitech G5

Yep the link in my last post points to the drivers and utilities for ya mobo which is based on the nForce2 chipset and you will need them to fix ya prob.

Installed the nf2v116_wxp.zip driver file, rebooted the computer, and AGP texture acceleration is still disabled and greyed out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information