Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: digital camera

I bought a Polaroid Funflash 640 with a serial port connection but XP cannot find the connection to it.Or the camera for that matter. Can anybody suggest some sites for help or workarounds to this problem?
    jimmyt1

Beefy Guest

First thing to try is start the computer with the camera connected and turned on. If XP doesn't pick it up, then it's not so easy. I've got a feeling that if it's a serial connection to the camera, then you'll need to tell XP that the camera is there though. Did you get / can you download any XP-compatible software for that camera?

you might be able to install Direct Cable connection on COM1 or 2 depending upon which serial port its plugged into and manually access the flash memory in the camera as you would another PC on a DCC..

or you can try going into your BIOS and checking the serial ports, make sure they aren't set to Auto but are manually setup then boot into XP and see if it at least finds an unknown device.

Have you checked the manafacturer website for XP drivers or applications?
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

I have a Polaroid PDC 640 camera that uses the serial plug, ie communication port. I also had some problems with it and Polaroid even sent me a new plugin for serail port. Still didn't work. Got to looking and the connector in the camera was recessed just enough that the pin from the plug in (looks like a steror male jack plug), wasn't going in all the way.. Got out the old dremel and took a little of the plastic down a ways and made it so it would fit in there better. Worked everytime! Also you can get Win2000 drivers at polaroids web site for the PDC 640 and probablly will work on the fun flash.. It's the TWAIN drivers that you need, and then it will work fine. Polaroid's Photomax software won't though.. sorry to say. You will have to use another program to download pictures into for editing. I use Colorpilot 4.21 version WORKS GREAT. hence the silly picture of the cat *S*

Cheers!
    "Former Nebraskan... fix it with bailin' wire."
    Vern

SYSTEM:
    MULTIBOOT -> Windows XP, ME and Mandrake 9.2 Linux

Abit KV8-MAX3
    AMD 64 Clawhammer 3200+

Kingston Hyper X 1GB DDR CAS 2 set agressively!
    Custom fan cooler for CPU
    USB 2.0 all onboard no card
    GeForce4 MX440 AGP 64MB DDR Video Card
    10/100 NIC 3Com onboard
    Leadtek TV 2000 XP video input card PCI
    160 GB ATA 133 Maxtor HD 8MB buffer
    350 W Enermax PS
    Toshiba DVD ROM drive
    Yamaha CD Burner
    Pioneer DVR-105 DVD Burner
    Logitec optical mouse on adapter
    DW 6000 Satellite 2-Way internet connection

jenefarm@direcway.com

I am assuming that the camera has built in memory...but if it don't you could get a card reader..(smart media, compact flash)

This post probaly wont be usefull but what the hell!

Thread Information