Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Win XP customizing folder text

For some reason I cannot get rid of the highlighted area in the text area below a folder. I would like the text below the folder to just have the text and not a highlighted box around the text. When I installed Win XP, it had a blue box with white text below the folder. It's odd because this not occur on my other computer installing Win XP. It seems I cannot figure out how to eliminate this. I just end up with a different color. Any ideas? thanks

Try going to Control Panel>System>Advanced>Performance Settings>Visual Effects and tick the "Use drop shadows for icon labels" setting.

Thanks for taking the time, that did the trick. It seems odd to have to go there and then to even know what "use drop shadows for icon labels on desktop" even means. It seems like it should also be in the Display properties. I started on a Mac and always look for something logical. Bad habit to break. Although, I suppose in the end, it's logical in a round about way.

Thread Information