Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!

Thread: Win XP Boot Problem plz help

I have just came back in from work today and tried to boot up my pc, however i have been unable to sucessfully do so and i am totally stumped, the computer starts up and the windows xp boot screen comes on for about 2 secs then i get the BSOD with an error message that says "STOP: 0x00000007E (0XCFC5AO99D,0XFC967C84,0XFC967984) . i have tried booting into safe mode but the same thing occurs, i have disconnected all my peripherals that are not required i.e. modem, wireless router, even mouse!! and tried using last known good configuration but nothing i try can get me past the boot screen, i am unsure as to what the problem is. My bios is detecting all my drives and availible ram, i can only think i have a corrupted windows installation, unfortunately i have a lot of valuable info on this pc and do not want to reformat and reinstall unless absoloutely nescessary, so im hoping some one here can help me out!

Cheers in advance

All advice appreciated

:cheers:
    My PC
    P4 1.4Ghz, 256MB RAM
    WD 80GB HDD PRIM, 20GB HDD SEC
    WINXP Pro
    Ati Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB Color Power

Here's ya stop error explanation but this is one of the reasons that I run Windows on a separate partition to what I store my valuable data on.

cheers, problem solved, not sure how though!, still could not get pc to boot up, i eventually managed to get in by putting the xp cd in the cd ro drive just as the boot screen appeared (whether this actually worked or not i do not know, it may just have been a fluke) after logging in i defragged my hdd and ran norton, ad aware and spy bot they found nothing! scheduled a disk check for next start up and done a system restore to the beginning of the month ever since then my pc has booted normally , i like the idea of partioning my drive with a particin for the os alone, how big a partition would i need for the os alone?, and could i create my partitions now transfer the files i want to keep onto that partition to keep them safe then reformat the existing drive space and do a clean windows install.
    My PC
    P4 1.4Ghz, 256MB RAM
    WD 80GB HDD PRIM, 20GB HDD SEC
    WINXP Pro
    Ati Radeon 9000 Pro 128MB Color Power

I use 5GB for XP plus Office though ya'll likely need something like Partition Magic to build the other partition with data already on the drive but do backup just in case, I build my partitions before setup.

Thread Information